PRINTED 'RETURN LABELS' ARE NOT THE ONLY WAY TO RETURN!

I see a few members having probs with not being able to get Return Labels from Sellers .. this is my situation below & this info may help you:

* Buyers SHOULD ask Sellers for a REPLY PAID NUMBER & Return Address. They ARE available to Sellers via AP - if they ask - it's a LEGAL return option available between Sellers & Buyers for Returns via AP!

It may be illegal under Consumer Law in Aust. NOT to offer alternate Returns options.

* A Buyer CAN hand-write the info on a label for a Return & all parcels have tracking so you can confirm the Seller has received the item back for a refund! The Seller is charged for the Return cost.

* NOT supplying a RETURN OPTION for damaged or 'not as described' etc goods may be illegal, as Returns, Exchanges, Refunds etc are covered under Consumer Laws in Australia. 

I've just had several correspondences with a Seller & also EB regarding 'returns' for an item received that was VERY 'Not As Described' & EB's system for returns by INSISTING on 'printed-out' labels for returns as the ONLY option .. it's NOT.

Not having printing facilities at home .. like so many people .. I informed both EB & the Seller. I asked both for an alternative, as I've been given REPLY PAID NUMBERS & an address for a return by Sellers before, so asked same again from this Seller.

Both EB & Seller told me to get it printed at the PO .. ok, if the PO is happy to do that - they DON'T have to & many regional area PO's don't have the staff or time. You also need a 'smart phone' to show them the info, but that wasn't possible as I can't use one, having Vision Impairment. I rely on a PC with special programs for Vision Impaired. I've been using EB this way for 20+ yrs.

I phoned EB & they proceeded to tell me that AP does NOT accept 'handwritten' labels anymore -WRONG! AP will supply adhesive AP labels FOR FREE if you ask for them!

EB also said 'Reply Paid' was no longer available - WRONG! * I PHONED AP & asked them 01/11/22 before writing this! 

My experience has shown me:

* Sellers are getting away with not making refunds to Buyers who are unable to print-off Returns labels.

* EB gives Sellers the option of the Return Label system .. IF your Seller doesn't offer printing out Return Labels or you can't print out at home or your PO doesn't offer that service, ask for a REPLY PAID NUMBER & a Return Address option. 

* When a Buyer opens a case for a Return, the full amount paid to the Seller is with-held by EB from their a/c .. the Seller then may offer (or just send it) you a miserly amount for a Refund .. ALWAYS ask for a full refund .. to get the bulk of their p'ment released! 

* If you are sent the lesser refund, but didn't agree to it, you may open an appeal to get the full refund.

* If you have a problem printing out labels & you require an alternative - let EB know this current system is just not acceptable! It only helps EB & Sellers avoid Refunds!

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

PRINTED 'RETURN LABELS' ARE NOT THE ONLY WAY TO RETURN!

What's your suggestions for overseas sellers?

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply