Packaging

I am looking for some advice on the safest way to pack and send framed and glassed pictures so that the glass is not broken. I have some pictures for sale, but I list as pick up only which limits my potential buyers. I have gooled but would appreciate your personal advice. Thank you for looking and your ever helpful comments. Pat.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Packaging

Glass is tricky, with flat glass (such as a frame) I was always told to tape a 'cross' X  on the surface with masking tape, then pack carefully in paper using paper shredding for the fill.

And pack as tight as you can with the sredding to avoid movement.

Don't use the balls or the plastic bubble wrap it expands and can cause more damage than it is supposed to prevent.

Then pack in a box tht it fits well into (I would add more shredding to stabilise

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Packaging

I've sold a few large paintings and I always used my local Pack and Send they can come and pick up the item or you can drop it off and then they package it carefully and then deliver it .

You can get a quote online 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Packaging

I have never used it, but I often walk past Pack and Send and they adviertise services for fragile items.

Because I have never used them, I just looked at the reviews, and they are pretty good (much better than other couriers).

Edit: I see it has been suggested by instylecollectables too.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply