Paranoid seller

A few weeks ago, I was the winning bidder for Kenwood Chef that was local pick up only. When it came to pick up time she refused to giive out a pick up address or a phone number. How stupid is that? After some messaging we agreed to a cancellation of transaction. She would have been charged an insertion fee and a sale fee without making a sale.
She said in her messages that she would not give out her phone number because she had unwanted calls by doing so. I replied that if you have sent an SMS to someone stating they are persona non grata and they call you on the phone after that, you have grounds to go to the police.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Paranoid seller

If it happens again offer to meet the seller at a mutually agreed location where they feel comfortable meeting you. I can understand why some people do not want to give out phone numbers or addresses, though a phone number shouldn't be a big deal.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Paranoid seller

Address I can understand, but that opens the door to Why advertise a pick up only item if you aren't willing to facilitate pick up.

Maybe you could ask her [I imagine you are both locals] if she would deliver it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Paranoid seller

@bilby0_0 wrote:

A few weeks ago, I was the winning bidder for Kenwood Chef that was local pick up only. When it came to pick up time she refused to giive out a pick up address or a phone number. How stupid is that? After some messaging we agreed to a cancellation of transaction. She would have been charged an insertion fee and a sale fee without making a sale.
She said in her messages that she would not give out her phone number because she had unwanted calls by doing so. I replied that if you have sent an SMS to someone stating they are persona non grata and they call you on the phone after that, you have grounds to go to the police.

It is the height of stupidity.

People are entitled to be as private as they like but it is rather pointless to advertise something as pick up only without having some way in mind that a buyer can pick up. Perhaps something or someone put doubts in her mind after the sale.

In her position, I would have just messaged my address or else a pick up location, maybe park or shopping centre etc, but she hasn't, so her loss really.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Paranoid seller

Or she got a better offer.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply