Parcel Point, what's this?

Hi all, I have a return which has been accepted, but when I go to download the voucher, it goes to this ''parcel point'' page. Well, we are a damn long way from the nearest point, like hundresds of k's. Is this a new system set to add more confusion or is it for the better? I am confused, the old Aust Post system worked out here in the bush, as that is all we have, Aust Post. I guess I could just pay for the return via Aust Post, and then claim back, but I suppose Ebay will knock that back because I have done it ''my way''. Any opinions?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Use eBay's online chat support to request they email you an Australia Post prepaid label to print out and use.

Like you, my nearest Parcel Point(less) location is far away (next state in fact), so not an option, and request an AP label as described above.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hi, thanks for that idea, I just cannot see the ''point'' of this change, Aust Post are pretty much everywhere, and yes, they do at times have their little issues, but on the whole, like at the moment, with this virus issue, things are a bit slow, but the stuff is getting through, albeit a bit slower. Wish the bean counters could just leave be at times.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Do you have anywhere to switch from creating a parcel point to Aust post label?

A recent thread from a seller who went through a return implied the buyer selects the return method, so it would be good to know for sure. (They also now have Fastway as the default selection if creating a label for an order, but the Aus Post option can be selected - it's not always obvious to people, though). 

(Thread for reference: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/To-sellers-with-ebay-plus-listings-don-s-use-post-office-re... ). 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Digi, I will have a look. It is only a very lightweight package, so if it turns to too much trouble, I will just pay the postage, as the seller says he will refund all up. I just don't know why they have to fiddle with a sytem that basically works quite well. Too many desk jockys and bean counters, and not enough practical idea people.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hey Digi,

Yes, there are supposed to be label options presented to the person returning the item, but the last few times I've had returns there is no alternative presented - it goes straight through to Parcel Point. I mentioned this to the CS rep. when requesting they manually generate an AP label, and they couldn't explain why PP was the only method offered.

I made a note to check the next time I had a return, and on that occasion still couldn't see any way to choose AP for the label. Might be a bug, but it's a long-standing one if so.

I'm in the process of requesting another return atm, so will take another look when that gets approved.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks, it doesn't surprise me but still pretty disappointing - do you mind if I ask what the original postage options on any of the listings / purchases that needed to be returned, if not too much trouble? Just curious if they had Aus Post or something else listed (I use standard delivery as the default on mine, and as far as I know, none of the buyers I've had who've initiated a return actually had the option to print a postage label through eBay at all, so I'm also wondering if the selected postage options might impact what's available on the buyer's side). 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I'd have to go back through and check the postage options to know before, but I have to get deliveries sent to my PO box. So everything is basically via Aus. Post apart from the very occasional Startrack delivery, but also via the PO Box.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

StarTrack is owned by Australia Post and over the ast few weeks their deliveries are interchangeable.  StarTrack has been ordered to take up the slack where AP posties and contractors can not cope.

StarTrack is the only courier company who can deliver to PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

StarTrack is owned by Australia Post and over the ast few weeks their deliveries are interchangeable.  StarTrack has been ordered to take up the slack where AP posties and contractors can not cope.

StarTrack is the only courier company who can deliver to PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.

Yes t'm aware of that and only mentioned Startrack to point out that any items I've purchased have come via a PO box friendly shipping method - no Fastways or Sendles etc.

So if the return shipping label options offered were somehow tied to the original shipping method as DG was mulling, just about any return of mine should offer an AP label. But that hasn't been my experience.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply