Pay Fee for Refund?

Hi All,

I just received a refund for an INR (was actually out of stock when purchased) through PayPal and there was a fee attached to the refund that was taken from the total amount. Is this something new? I have had refunds before with no fees.

Seems a bit harsh if you now have to pay to get your money back.

Cheers

☯Only the Best Things in Life are Free☯
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Pay Fee for Refund?

There shouldnt be a fee if the money was refunded by the seller using the refund button on the actual transaction. If they have sent you money rather than refunding, there may be a fee involved.

The other possibility is that there is not fee, but paypal tend to make it look like there was by the way they write it.

I know when I send a refund for $100 for example, they take $97.30 from my account and the other $2.70 is refunded directly from paypal. The buyer still gets $100 back, but the way its shown in paypal makes it kind of confusing.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

I would contact paypal, as punch said they do not take a fee from you and the full amount would go back into your pp account.

It sounds as though your seller has only refunded in part maybe thinking they only refund the amount they received from pp in the first place??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

There shouldn't be a fee if the money was refunded by the seller using the refund button on the actual transaction. If they have sent you money rather than refunding, there may be a fee involved.

I think this will be it.

The whole story is I bought the item and payed, the next day I got a message saying that it is out of stock and will be back in stock in a couple of weeks and if I would like to wait they would refund 10%. I was in no hurry so i said OK and received a partial refund, weeks go by and no item, they say it's still coming. After 43 days I opened a dispute and said I would give them 1 more week, nothing happened so I asked for a full refund and then isn't it funny the happy, friendly disposition turns to Oh really!!

Anyway, they sent the money, but it has this fee. Can you refund more than once on a transaction? Should this fee be reimbursed? It's not a huge amount, but as they say, it's the principle and a possible flaw in the system that need repair.

Cheers

☯Only the Best Things in Life are Free☯
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

Maybe they've taken out their ebay fees which they shouldn't do in this situation because they are at fault.

TCT
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have already received a partial refund you can hardly expect a full refund now.

Do the 2 refunds add up the the total amount that you paid?

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

If you have already received a partial refund you can hardly expect a full refund now.

Do the 2 refunds add up the the total amount that you paid?

of cause they can!

The item didnt arrive, and 43days have passed so the buyer IS intitled to the remaining payment to be fully refunded without and fees or charges.

MASTERB2006 ~ get onto paypal and find out why it appears there is a fee charge from the seller.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

of cause they can!

The item didnt arrive, and 43days have passed so the buyer IS intitled to the remaining payment to be fully refunded without and fees or charges.

MASTERB2006 ~ get onto paypal and find out why it appears there is a fee charge from the seller.

I think what lyndal was saying was that you can't expect a partial refund (of 10%) and then a full refund (100% of the original payment) now.  That would be 110% of the original payment which would be silly.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

I think what lyndal was saying was that you can't expect a partial refund (of 10%) and then a full refund (100% of the original payment) now.  That would be 110% of the original payment which would be silly.

ahhh  righto... you're probably right. My appologies Lyndal 🙂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Pay Fee for Refund?

just had a thought.... is there currency conversion involved in this refund?

That can change the value of your refund too.

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply