Pay or ignore?

I won 2 separate auctions through 1 seller who clearly says they do combined postage. Their singular postage costs are quite high so I only bidded on the premise I'd get cheaper postage.

So I mail the seller asking for a revised invoice to reflect combined..... and they won't respond. I did win both auctions cheap, but only because postage is so high. Do I just suck it up and pay both sets of postage or just not pay until the revise?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Pay or ignore?

Combined postage doesn't always mean it will be cheaper,it also means that the seller is willing to post the items in the 

same package.

You should always ask a seller what the combined postage will be because sometimes also the combined postage could be

more expensive.

Give the seller time to respond as you have 4 days to pay.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

I buy this type of product regularly from lots of sellers and know combined postage with def be cheaper. It has already been 4 days which is why I've started this thread for advice 🙂

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

Many sellers discount but as said, combined postage means the items are combined into the same package and sent together.

It doesn't necessarily mean it will also be discounted. Your seller may discount though.

It may be the seller is away as it is a public holiday long weekend in some states in Aus or they simply take a while to respond as a postage cost is needed when the post offices are open.

I would wait a little longer, but if you have only clicked the request total in checkout, send a message as some sellers miss that request.

image host
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

I would message them again.

Okay, 4 days have passed but if they open an unpaid item dispute you can reply that you were awaiting a response from them as you have already sent 2 messages asking about combined postage costs as per their ad. Besides, if they open a dispute, you get another 4 days in which to pay without having any penalty against your name.

So I would be holding off payment just at the moment.

I understand what others say that combined postage may not be cheaper. However, anyone who specifically says in an ad that they combine postage is asking for trouble if the combined postage is not slightly cheaper, that is my opinion. 99.9% of buyers assume that combined postage means a little bit of a saving. It certainly does on most other buying sites.

If combined postage is the same or even dearer, surely no one would mention combining postage in the ad as there would be no advantage.

If you get no reply to a second message & have an unpaid item case opened against you, then reply & wait till near the end of your time but I think you will then need to pay. If that happens I'd be giving them one star for communication and for ad as described though. 

But for now. Message again. Wait.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

Yes, use the specific "request total" form, so the buyer knows you expect combined postage.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

This is pasted from their ad:

※※※※※ Shipping ※※※※※
1.We are more than happy to combine shipping your order, so feel free to browse our listings to save on postage.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

Well that definitely says the sellers offers discounted postage on combined items. 

image host
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

I'ts a public holiday today (Mon) here in Vic. Your seller may be away for the long weekend if located within Victoria?

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Pay or ignore?

After another message they replied to say I got the items cheap enough so they won't do combined.

I paid promptly and won't be using them again. In my mind a good seller doesn't pick and choose after advertising they do combined. Set a minimum price on auctions? Either way we don't do business again.

thanks for the replies 🙂

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply