Paypal Dispute closed and won, but did not receive address for return of the item! ?

G'day everyone.  i opened a paypal case for item is not as described and the seller did not respond to the given time so i won the case. I just got an email from paypal that they decided in my favour and saying "We were able to recover $... AUD, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow 5 business days for this adjustment to be posted."  And in the 'what to do next' part of the email it says "No further action is required at this time. Was i suppose to recieve the sellers address to send back the item for return before the getting the refund ???

The paypal case procces was meant to be 'Open a dispute -> Escalation -> Awaiting for other party's response -> Requiring my response -> Being reviewed by PayPal -> Item return -> Closed. 

But when the seller did not respondit skipped the proccess of requiring my response,being reviewed by paypal and ITEM RETURN. The case just closed and i got the email that i won the dispute and said the refund has been credited to me. 

Was it suppose to skip those proccess since the seller did not response?

Wasn't i suppose to receive the address of the seller to send the item back and when paypal has confirmed that they recieved the item then i get the refund ?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Paypal Dispute closed and won, but did not receive address for return of the item! ?

that's a good plan, matey.

is it a domestic or Overseas seller?

are they a big seller or fairly new?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Re: Paypal Dispute closed and won, but did not receive address for return of the item! ?

Domestic and in the same state as i. The seller is not a big seller and not that new, i guess he does not sell often since he has no current items for sale.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

can probably discount a language barrier then, that's all I was thinking.

If they've got nothing for sale, they may not even be aware you or PayPal have been trying to contact them...

ah well, looks like everything has worked out for you anyway, you've tried to do the right thing, nothing more you can do, eh?

a win!

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

high5.gif

oops - meant to add this to the post up there!

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

The seller obviously doesn't care about getting the item back or they would have responded to the dispute. Because of the seller not responding, PayPal have automatically closed the dispute in your favour...

You don't have to return the item so just keep it. 

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Definitely no obligation to return, once you have your refund the only way a seller can ask fir an item to be returned is to pay the cost themselves. If they wanted it returned they had 10 days to rovide Paypal with the return address to pass on to the seller.

Did you perhaps fund yur payment with a card? If s it will go back onto the card and this takes a few extra days.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply