Paypal charging buyers

I recently made two purchases through paypal, I had zero in my paypal account so payment  was withdrawn from my bank, now I find that they have made additional withdrawals of .48 and .34 .....is this a charge for using paypal with out funds in paypal account?

Also I got a refund which went into my paypal account and then with drawn into my bank account...but I didn't do the withdrawing.

Has paypal run amok  or is this their new policy of charging buyers  for using paypal and sending a refund to bank account instead of holding it in paypal ? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Paypal charging buyers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No, paypal does not charge buyers to use funds that are not in paypal.

I have NEVER kept funds in paypal and never paid any extra fees.

Has your bank account been verified?  Those amounts sound like the amounts that paypal withdraw for verification purposes.  They will be credited to your paypal account within a few days.

I have never known paypal to send a refund to a bank account.  Those refunds usually stay in your paypal account while refunds of amounts from debit or credit cards go back to those accounts and take a few days to show.

Do you use a debit card attached to your bank account that is in paypal?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I have never had a problem like this using paypal  before, my paypal account is verified & has been for years and I don't have a credit/debit card attached to my paypal account only the bank account.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I've found a recent payment to PayPal in my bank account ($1.31) that that after a search in my PayPal account exactly matches an amount for the GST for an overseas purchase. For some reason it is shown separately from the cost of the item in my bank details. Maybe it's a new procedure. Log onto Paypal and see if those bank transactions match GST amounts for purchases on or around the same dates..
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If it's for purchases overseas your bank may have charged a conversion fee.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The purchases were within Australia, I suppose those seperate smaller amounts may be GST but it doesn't explain why my refund went from paypal to my bank account, unless it is a new procedure.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Just ring paypal and ask....they are very helpful on the phone.0

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply