Paypal-claims payment was declined, but no record of it?

I got an email on Saturday saying one of my Paypal payments on the 18th was declined by my card.

I was using a pre-paid Mastercard to pay for some stuff on ebay, payments on both sides of the one claiming it was declined wee fine. The records on the card show the payment went through.

Here's where it gets weird. 

I naturally didn't use the email to sign in to Paypal just in case, I used my bookmark that I've always used. When I signed in there was a message saying the same thing, plus in my payment history it showed which payment it was. So very odd, but certainly seemingly legit.

So I checked the card but all payments (including that one) had gone through. None showed as declined.

Paypal had timed out so I signed back in, but the payment showing as declined a few minutes ago was now showing as completed. I double checked it, no issue whatsoever.

But each time I've signed in to Paypal since I still get the "you have a declined payment" message pop up, but my payments all still show as completed. The card also still shows this.

Obviously I've contacted the seller to see if there are any issues but haven't heard back yet. 

I used to buy/sell a lot on ebay a few years ago and have never seen this. Does anyone know what on earth is going on?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Paypal-claims payment was declined, but no record of it?

I have no idea, I have no experience of pre paid cards but have certainly never had it happen with any of my credit cards.

Sounds like a communication problem between your card and Paypal, if the payment is showing as completed and the balance on the card is correct I wouldn't bother about it, I would just ignore the message but if you are concerned by it you will have to call the card provider and/or Paypal to see what is going on.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply