Paypal dispute, seller to respond by 26th or refund but nothing happened?

According to the Paypal dispute I initiated for item not recieved, I should have been refunded my payment automatically if the seller has not responded by the 26th. So far the item has not arrived, no tracking number, no response from seller either via Ebay or Paypal. When I view the dispute it says that Paypal is still awaiting the seller's response by..yesterday. Is this normal, that there is a bit of a lag when it comes to refunding money?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Did you escalate to claim?  If not, log into your PP account and escalate.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Escalated to a claim early last week. From my PP account:

Status

This item not received dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by 26 Apr 2013. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

No response from the seller, but also no action from Paypal. Should I be concerned, or do they drag their feet a bit sometimes?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Call paypal and they will do the refund while on the phone to them

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Also it is only the 26th there today and they go by their time not ours

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Where was the seller located? If they are overseas there will be a delay as we're a day ahead of most countries, so if the seller was in the US then today is only the 26th over there.. PayPal is also an American company so if it says the 26th then it will likely happen when it is the 26th over there... 

It's a bit early to start panicking yet, if the seller doesn't respond then you will get a refund automatically.. It might even happen the day after the deadline

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Ah okay - that would explain it. Seller was located in the UK but that changed to United Arab Emirates and then suddenly their account went bung and has been decorated with lots of red dots over the last few weeks.

I won't worry about contacting Paypal then until after this weekend.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you funded the payment by a credit or debit card the refund will go back to the funding source, which can take a few days to appear.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The payment was funded with existing Paypal funds, so it should be sent back to my Paypal account. No progress with the dispute, and my email got an auto generated response, so if nothing happens in the next couple of days I'll give them a call. Thanks for your help so far, boardies, I really appreciate it.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Emails are a waste of time....ring paypal tomorrow and the funds will probably be in your account within minutes.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply