Paypal - making multiple payments at checkout when "pay only this seller" is selected

Hi,

Has anyone else had this issue?

This has happened to me THREE times now in the past couple of months.

I go to items won

Select "Pay only this seller"

The right amount comes up in the fee box along with the method of payment box

I click pay now

And then ALL and EVERY unpaid item with an invoice gets paid. ( ie checkout overides the selection I have made)

Upon reflection it seems to only happen when I have a credit in my paypal account  and am paying with that balance

This last time it has been very frustrating

A seller decided to charge me 3X postage that we orginally agreed on. I asked her to cancel the sale or adjust the postage. She has not responded. Obviously I did not pay - and now  this  - nearly $100 out of my account to this seller - $45 of it postage. Paypal wont' help. They suggest opening a dispute.  I've contacted the seller again ( who I strongly suspect will not reply) and I can't open a dispute with ebay becuase it's too early

Very frustrating when it's the result of a glitch

Any suggestions or do I just have to endure the wait time to open the dispute? If the seller decides to post, I'm really in trouble!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Paypal - making multiple payments at checkout when "pay only this seller" is selected

have you contacted ebay and informed them of the glitch?

not really not a lot you can do if the seller is not responding. you would have to wait until she sends I suppose then either do a return this item (i think you pay for postage) or if the item is not as described (seller pays for postage) other than that try and resell the item to cover your cost.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@2007vera wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone else had this issue?

This has happened to me THREE times now in the past couple of months.

I go to items won

Select "Pay only this seller"

The right amount comes up in the fee box along with the method of payment box

I click pay now

And then ALL and EVERY unpaid item with an invoice gets paid. ( ie checkout overides the selection I have made)

Upon reflection it seems to only happen when I have a credit in my paypal account  and am paying with that balance

This last time it has been very frustrating

A seller decided to charge me 3X postage that we orginally agreed on. I asked her to cancel the sale or adjust the postage. She has not responded. Obviously I did not pay - and now  this  - nearly $100 out of my account to this seller - $45 of it postage. Paypal wont' help. They suggest opening a dispute.  I've contacted the seller again ( who I strongly suspect will not reply) and I can't open a dispute with ebay becuase it's too early

Very frustrating when it's the result of a glitch

Any suggestions or do I just have to endure the wait time to open the dispute? If the seller decides to post, I'm really in trouble!

Was that seller in the UK or US? If so, they may be using the global shipping program, which won't let them reduce the shipping for multiple purchases. 3 purchases, 3 lots of shipping. That doesn't explain why you seem to be paying for items you don't select though. I paid for a few purchases today and had no problems. It didn't pay for unpaid orders. Hopefully you can get it sorted.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply