Paypal payments rejected:- 'Sorry, this payment option isn't available'

I am trying to buy this product.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322458135546?ul_noapp=true

When I try to pay using Paypal (with any of my Paypal funding options : bank account + 2 credit cards) I get the following message.

Sorry, this payment option isn't available. Here are your options:

Select a different payment option.
    Contact PayPal Customer Support to resolve this issue.

If I try to pay with my credit card not through Paypal it is still treated as a Paypal payment and is again rejected.

My Paypal is working fine for all other listings.

I have contacted the seller but they say they do not know what the problem is and to contact Paypal. No reply from Paypal yet.

Anybody seen this message before?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have had that message on several occasions.

Some ebay sites are allowed to refuse certain funding options.  In my case the UK sellers had their accounts set up to refuse to accept credit card funded payments.

Have you tried using your bank account as the funding source?

If that does not work all I can suggest is to ring paypal...don't email them as they are painfully slow answering, if they answer at all.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I have 2 credit cards and 1 bank account set up as my Paypal payment sources.

I have tried making each one the source for the purchase but none of them works for this purchase.

They all work OK for buying from other listings.

I am not sure if paypal has a phone number in Australia but will try and find out.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Use the 1800 freecall number that is available on the paypal site. 

It is an Australian number but takes you direct to paypal in the USA but costs nothing.   The office in Australia cannot help you.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Here is Paypal's response:-

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Eric and I am happy to assist you.

The reason that particular transaction is not going through is because that merchant has unconfirmed mailing address blocked from purchasing from him. unfortunately it is impossible for AU shipping address to be confirmed.

Sincerely,
Eric
PayPal

So it seems that the seller's listing on Ebay Australia (free shipping from US) is not actually available to anybody in Australia since nobody in AU can confirm their address to a seller in US

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

That looks like a cut and paste response to an email.  Did you phone them as lyndal suggested?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

That is an old rule that is no longer in force.  US sellers are not supposed to be allowed to block Australian buyers with an unconfirmed address.

In the US buyer confirm their address by a method that is illegal in Australia due to our Privacy Laws.

My address is Unconfirmed but I have been happily buying from the US for all the time I have been on ebay.

As I said....ring paypal.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply