Paypal refund of return postage drama

Hi

Has anyone had experience of claiming a Paypal refund for a returned item

Pretty annoyed, went through the automated form, attached all the required documents. Get an automated email, they tell you it will be refunded in 5 days, then waited & waited...

Still within the 14 days I sent countless emails & resubmitted again with no response.

Now outside the 14 days. Nothing

googling I've found lots of unhappy people saying this is a stalling tactic by the outsourced "Telus International" in Europe who are incompetant & just ignore you & spending hours on the phone with Paypal doesn't achieve anything - not their problem.

As I'm $45 out of pocket for a seller's mistake, I'm pretty annoyed

Anyone with any insights?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Paypal refund of return postage drama

I am going through it right now. Telus is the service provider of the Paypal return delivery rufund, which is not just for ebay items. These have being their messages since they informed me I would be receiving my refund within 5 business days.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We understand the essence of the situation.

We are investing our greatest efforts into resolving the matter and transferring the refund into your account as soon as possible.

Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

PayPal & TELUS International 

We apologize for your experience with our service so far.

The issue with the return shipping refund transactions is global and not an isolated case. Consequently, it takes an extensive amount of time and effort for the problem to be resolved. 

Please be certain that we are working in collaboration with PayPal to find a solution.

The status of your refund claim is confirmed and the requested amount will automatically be deposited into your account as soon as the matter is resolved.

We greatly appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Unfortunately, the time frame for resolving the issue is undefined. We sincerely apologize for this delay, but it is caused by reasons beyond our control. You can be confident that this situation is not an isolated case and you are not the only one affected in this instance.

We assure you that we have taken the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Sincerely,

My own responses have being to find out what the issue is and when i will be getting the refund.  When I contacted Paypal today I kicked up a fuss and they told me that they would esculate it to the backhalf of telus to find out exactly when they were going to refund me. Now I have to sit for another week to see if that happens.

I cannot find anything online about any world wide issue with refunding. As I said to the operator if it is a world wide issue he must be spending a lot of time on the phone about it with others, not just myself. 

My next move if it continues will be Consumer affairs and small claims. As in my case the transaction was in Australia.  

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

I have to say I think you are being rather impatient.

You are being kept informed of the progress (or lack thereof) of your refund.....what does it matter exactly what the problem is and why do you think you have a right to be told anyway?

Does your bank tell you the minute details of why you cannot access your money through the ATM system?  Mine doesn't....I just know there is a problem.

I wish you luck with Consumer Affairs and small claims court.....both companies are overseas companies.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

joanna, I went through one of these a while back with Telus and it took about 1 1/2 months before I eventually got my return postage back. Maybe they've improved that timeframe now - but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

You'll just have to be patient and not stress out over it.

As lyndal said, you're unlikely to get CA or small claims interested in the case since they are an offshore company.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I've just had the same issues...kept receiving apologies for the delay but no explanation as to why the refunds were delayed. Payments finally came through yesterday but took about 2 weeks.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

You are incorrect as Pay Pal does work through a third party for refunds of postage. The companey is called Talus International, I should know as Pay Pal disute department told me this 

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks for the update. It's spelt Telus I think. If that's the same co. as on Wikipedia.

Interesting to know. I wouldn't have thought that.

Cheers.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@briclar4 wrote:

You are incorrect as Pay Pal does work through a third party for refunds of postage. The companey is called Talus International, I should know as Pay Pal disute department told me this 

But was that the case when lyndal responded to the thread getting on for 3 years ago I wonder ????

Edit to add. Members often do not take notice of post dates on the boards, which can be relevant to the question asked/reply given.......... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply