Playstation 4 never arrived , now what to do ?

s8n187
Community Member

hi eBay members , I recently purchased a Playstation 4 from a seller and I've been following tracking since.  Quite simply it didn't arrive and I launched a investigation with Sendle (the courier) they concluded after a thorough investigation the parcel hasn't been found.

OK so they have emailed the seller and I haven't heard back from him.  Also he sent the parcel ATL (Authority To Leave) which is highly risky. 

There's also a email policy 'Get the item you ordered or your money back'  Honestly I just want this to be over its been dragging on for about 14 days now.  I prefer the Console itself but it looks to be long gone , should i attempt a refund ? 

I need the backup of the community as I rarely don't get a parcel and need to know what I can expect and my rights are 

Let me know what you think guys 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You could try an item not received case through eBay.

Or you could get the seller to pursue Sendle for compensation, as they have admitted they've lost it.

Ideally the seller would refund you before receiving compensation from Sendle (I do, but I don't use Sendle and AP are generally prompt in resolving issues), but a lot of sellers will claim they can't before they get their (YOUR) money back.

By which time you will be out of time for an eBay claim.

I'd open an INR. The seller can't prove delivery and will be forced to refund you. Which might give them an incentive to pursue Sendle.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Just keep this very simple - open a dispute for Item Not Received right now.

This puts the onus on the seller to figure out what is happening. 

You don't need to communicate with them - just let it play out.

I avoid sellers who use Sendle as they are just a broker who use the cheapest couriers to do the work. So many bad stories and so many parcels going missing. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

s8n187
Community Member

Thanks guys for replying and kind words.  I have just launched a 'item not received' case.  You've both been very helpful which helps me a lot.

I will wait and see what comes from INR case

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Don't forget to escalate the case after 4 or 5 days (ask ebay to step in and help). If you don't do anything, the dispute will time out and close in the seller's favour. Once closed, it can never be reopened, so keep an eye on it daily to check when the option is to ask ebay to step in.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply