Please make an permanent 'Australia Only' search option

towoo05
Community Member

I am very annoyed that there is no permanent option (or box to check off) to just show Australian vendors in every search result I do. I never want to buy an item from overseas, for many reasons, with the main one being it takes up to 6 weeks to get here. I often see the pictures of items in the description with Australian Flags behind them (trying to say they are an Australian vendor) but you look closer to see where it ships from and it says Hong Kong. I have been tricked before with this, with the item taking 4 weeks to get here.

For Pete's sake, I am at EBAY.COM.AU. The AU means Australia. Why the hell are they ramming international vendors down my throat? If I want to check a box that permanently allows only Australian vendors to show in the results, I should be able to. Its a form of trickery IMO. I have to constantly be on alert to see where the vendor is from, because after doing 50 searches, you will eventually forget to check the Australian Only box. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Please make an permanent 'Australia Only' search option

For weeks now, I've searched Australia Only in womens clothing. I narrow it down further with specific sizes, but there's an Indian company that sells kaftans and MuMus that floods the listings with pages full. After searching over 60 pages for 1/2 a days worth of listings I gave up. And I keep giving up. I've reported them, but they're still flooding the listings. Sorry sellers, but it's too painful to buy your clothes at the moment.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

If you've got a saved search for the clothes it's easy to filter out that seller, simply put a space at the end of the search then put - in then the seller's name.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Yes it **bleep** me off too. About time Ebay lifted it game. You cant tell me that it isn't as smart as Google with its search algorithms.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

supanga_0
Community Member

Used to love scrolling through Australian options. Now switching to Gumtree

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Sorry to sound harsh, but given your buying history, I doubt eBy will notice or care if you migrate to Gumtree.

Perhaps try Live Chat and see if they can pass on a message to the powers that be rather than tagging an old thread

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

that would be a good idea..hope fully it can happen..

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

You are right. It's so annoying and just causes more work for the buyer.

Now you need to be even more vigilant as some seller claim the item is in Australia by stating an Australian suburb in the postal section.

However, the address is a logistics firm who just handles the incomming parcels from overseas.

I always now check the postal details tab in the listing and save the webpage for my own personal reference. That way I can ensure that the item has an ETA acceptable and comparable to the postal location it is being shipped from. And that it is being sent via Australia Post for example.

Although I must admit, recent events have totally destroyed my confidence in Australia Post.

Anyway, that way you can at least open a case and claim that the item did not arrive as promised by the ETA.

It is especially effective if the listing has an eBay Money Back Guarantee and displays the ebay logo for it.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply