Postage to Australia ridiculous...

Is that postage legit? That is insane $700 AUD to post to Australia.. I mean post overseas to here got so bad i literally stopped using Ebay almost completely but this one takes the cake..

179 Euros for the toys ok, they are some what rare, but EUR 385.00 approx. AU $626.57 for postage and Ebay allows this fraud..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175671096810?

I solely use Aliexpress now i can buy on there the same products with a fraction of the postage, you lost yet another buyer Ebay..

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It seems to be too much indeed judging from this page (even considering "handling"): https://www.poste.it/files/1476563864250/poste-delivery-international-standard-listino.pdf

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Tell eBay

They do not read the member to member forum

Nor would they have a single clue what the postage is on the item you link (seeing as they do not vet listings)

Nobody is making anyone buy anything if they think the postage is 'fraud'

(Maybe look up the meaning of the word)

Have you contacted the seller and told them your thoughts?

I bet not 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

They never reply..

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Well they don't 'have' to reply

What matters is you have made contact with the seller and told them what you think

*Edit, if you mean eBay don't reply, they won't respond to emails since those are bot automated.

You would need to use 'eBay' help to live chat

I doubt they would do anything if you reported the postage to them, other than type from their script that tells them to type they will 'look into it' 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I think you should contact the seller and ask them which service they use (in case they don't use "Poste Italiane"), and ask them if they could possibly use "Poste Italiane".

If they do use "Poste Italiane", ask them why it is so expensive, and show them the link I included in my first post.

Ebay chat representatives have no idea about basic issues, let alone postage from Italy, so I doubt they would be able to provide an answer.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Look at the seller's other listings - postage is much cheaper, so it seems to really be a mistake.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Perhaps he put his ' dot ' in the wrong place.

Eur 385.00 instead of - Eur 38.50

It happens.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I guess you should thank your lucky stars you're not into Transformers. Check the postage on this one!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175580600814

As for never buying on ebay again because of one listing with high postage, ebay don't care one bit. You are less than a grain of sand on a beach to them. They don't even know you exist. 

As for buying genuine MIB collectables on Aliexpress, good luck with that one! I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Spoiler
I can pretty much guarantee we could check your account in 6 months and you'll have recent feedback. Very few that threaten to leave actually do.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

The problem had already been solved. It was just a mistake, but sadly the OP doesn't seem to have come back so they probably don't know.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply