Product sections are being Hijacked by hundreds of ads for the same product

Listing adverts are being Hijacked by Chinese sellers listings Hundreds of products of the same thing over and over and it is destroying the ability to do a Search for a product.

For example, I used to be able to search for a HP DV6 Laptop and actually find laptops.

Now however, I do the same search and 37 Pages of absolute Garbage adverts for Fans, Batteries, Sticker and all sorts of rubbish.

Moreover, these adverts are "Not" from Australia, even though I check  "Australia Only"

They are all advertised as "Darwin" and as experience has shown me, these adverts are all out of China.

This is absolutely "ridiculous" and Ebay has to fix this. It is just making it very difficult to search for a product when hundreds of rubbish ads appear.

EBay - Fix this please !!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

In the left you should be able to select laptops. I get 24 items only on my first search.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC0.A0.H0.Xhp+dv6.TRS0&...

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply, however I cannot see that option on the screen I am seeing (Australia)

The only items I can select from are;

Also checked under More Refinements but nothing there either.

cheers

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Perhaps it's to do with what I put in as search. I just put hp dv6.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=hp+dv6...

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I totally agree! I tried searching for TVs and a whole bunch of cables and accessories appeared even though I searched for TV under the TV category in Australia only.
It is getting out of control - there are more sellers claiming to be in Australia than there are actual real sellers in Australia. I used to be able to tell the difference as they have AU AU in the location but now they are putting towns and cities. And some of them may be even in Australia but then the gods end up taking months to arrive from China. It is dishonest and Ebay don't seen to be doing anything about it as it is getting worse.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply