Promised replacement if cancel request

I opened a complaint about 2 purchases which never turned up. The seller requested I close the case and they would send replacement straight away or full refund if the replacements did not turn up. Well nothing turned up and they will not reply . Any help ?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Not since you went along with the seller and closed the case

There was no need to do so

By doing that, you have 'told' eBay you are happy with the outcome

Never, never close a case like that

You cannot re-open it once you close it

Of course there is no reply

The seller never had any intention of doing the right thing (they would not have told you to 'close the case' otherwise

You, the buyer have all the power

Don't let dodgy sellers trick you into wasting it

Better yet, don't buy from dodgy sellers to start with

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The only help available, is to stop dealing with sellers with shocking feedback rating,  3 of the last 4 feedback are with business's down in the gutter.

Why would you close a case, if you didnt get the goods or the funds.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If you paid by PayPal, you can open a refund request under their Buyer Protection.

If you paid by credit/debit card, you can initiate a chargeback with your card issuer/bank.

But before you try either of these remedies, you can contact eBay Live Chat (during business hours) and explain that the seller deceived you into closing the dispute, which you only now realise was the wrong thing to do, and would they please help you by reopening the disputeโ€ฆ? You lose nothing by trying this.

I stress that you should not attempt a chargeback or PayPal claim if thereโ€™s any possibility of the eBay dispute being reopened. eBay will automatically close any dispute without further ado if a claim through another avenue is opened. Ditto with PayPal. So itโ€™s eBay MBG, and if no luck then PayPal (if applicable), and if no luck then chargeback (if applicable).

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

That's a typical delaying scam that some sellers use. Never fall for it again.

You only get 30 days from the arrival of the item in which to open a claim & usually, once you close the claim, that's it, you can not open another one for that item. Those sellers know that very well.

But I am with countess on this one. Try ebay chat, get them to look at your messages, see if you can get anywhere. Then try paypal or bank chargeback if that ebay option doesn't work.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

That's a typical delaying scam that some sellers use. Never fall for it again.

You only get 30 days from the arrival of the item in which to open a claim & usually, once you close the claim, that's it, you can not open another one for that item. Those sellers know that very well.

But I am with countess on this one. Try ebay chat, get them to look at your messages, see if you can get anywhere. Then try paypal or bank chargeback if that ebay option doesn't work.

Just to add a correction, it's not 30 days from when you receive the item. It's 30 days from the last ETA. The ETA could say 10-21st of January. The 30 days starts from the 21st, not from when you receive it on Jan 30. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The MBG states it is 30 days from the estimated or actual delivery date.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yes you're right. I was assuming the item arrived in delivery date range I guess so i used terms loosely. I did realise it's from the ETA.

But I think some of these sellers just want a claim cancelled & will promise the earth as they know very well the buyer won't usually be able to reopen it plus they know if they can extend the time out to over the month mark before a buyer thinks to open a claim, then even better.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you I will definitely give them a call as live chat is a nightmare 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply