Purchased item does not show up in purchase history

I'm about to start the process for a refund of an item I purchased about 3 months ago. However, when I go to the Purchase History page, the item doesn't appear. I'm not looking under orders for the last 60 days, but for all of 2022. Also, I know I was logged in when I bought it, because I received a confirmation email including my eBay username. 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That is strange. Are you sure your purchase was not cancelled by the seller and that you have already been refunded? That would be the only reason I can think of why your purchase does not appear, although if this is the case and you scroll down to the bottom of the page you should be able to see your cancelled orders.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If the item arrived three months ago (or more than 30 days ago), assuming this is a case of SNAD, itโ€™s too late for a refund under eBayโ€™s MBG. 

If the item hasnโ€™t arrived (INR), what was the estimated delivery date? If the EDD was more than a month ago, the same thing applies.

You can still request a refund through PayPal, as the timeframe is 6 months (from the date of the actual transaction).

Do you have the email advising you of the purchase? You may want to be absolutely sure that you were logged in, and moreover that you were logged in under your usual account. There has sometimes been confusion when people log in using their gmail or Facebook accountโ€ฆ That would also explain your name appearing in the confirmation.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

If it was months ago, you've probably run out of time for an ebay claim but did you pay via paypal?

You can make a claim directly through them.

But how successful you are will depend in part on what exactly you are claiming. If it is for item not received, that is probably straight forward. If it is for something that has broken down after three months and it is a warranty claim, maybe not.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If (or "just in case") the OP purchased the item from China 3 months ago, it might not be too late even for an eBay refund because the estimated delivery is over 2 months, so the OP might still have some time. I mean, we need more info, but it is a possibility.

The estimated delivery frame for items from China is about 10 weeks at the moment.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies. I just chatted with eBay's customer service and they were able to see the item in question. I'm outside the "time frame" for a refund from eBay, but they directed me to report the seller. In short, I bought an iPhone described as new, but Apple informed me that the phone was previously sent in for repair and should not have been sold. The phone has a hardware problem and does not work properly. 

Anyway, since I paid via PayPal, I guess I'll try there next.

Cheers

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Was it working when it arrived? It could have been refurbished, but it was definitely not new, so you should easily get your money back from PayPal.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It was working normally until last month, and then suddenly started behaving erratically. Yes, it seems to be refurbished. But the seller said nothing about that in the listing and moreover continues to deny it was refurbished. Anyway, I hope PayPal doesn't give me the runaround since more than 90 days have elapsed.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

You now have 180 days with PayPal, so you can definitely open a case.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

That's encouraging, thanks.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply