Purchased item with after pay "buy it now" but seller had already sold item elsewhere

Hi looking for some clarity please - and can't seem to find ebay help 🙂

I purchased an item for ~$450 - actually I put an offer in first which expired, so then I "bought it now". Only then did the seller advise she no longer had the item. 

She now says she can't refund until 4 Feb when payment clears, but AfterPay is looking for the second (of 4) installments on 3 Feb.  If I don't have funds then a $10 fee will appear. 

Can anyone please help? Why do I have to wait so long? I can't cancel the purchase either!!

I feel like my credit card shouldn't have to get another payment deducted when I don't even have the item - please help?

Thank you

julienyk

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Purchased item with after pay "buy it now" but seller had already sold item elsewhere

Your seller should refund immediately. It’s got nothing to do with funds clearing.

I would suggest in this case that you contact Live Chat and ask if they can open a case for INR immediately, rather than waiting until the EDD (estimated delivery date) has come and gone, given that the seller has admitted she doesn’t even have the item any longer.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Live Chat, by the way, is at the bottom of any help page.

Direct link: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-pol...

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply