Question on tracking

Hi

I have purchased a week ago & the seller gave me a tracking number & marked it as sent.  However on the AP site under the number it doesn't show it as "accepted" let alone "in transit".

What do you think is going on? If he has posted it & obtained a tracking number surely it should register as accepted by AP.

Since purchasing the seller has received a lot of negs for not receiving items.

He does have on his listing: 
"To my knowledge Australia Post has a delay of an addition 4 days on most parcels so please be kind when leaving feedback considering that my location i use this service due to inaccessibility to a PO."  The seller is somewhere in Victoria.

So has he posted it?

i'm happy to wait but am wondering what the go with the tracking & whether he has posted it? (And yes I have tried to contact him, but with no response as yet)

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Question on tracking

Hmmm. Since I've purchased the red dots have been mounting... 12 in the last month, first few who received bulbs described them as "very dead", but most have received nothing at all & no communication. So looks like a little more than sitting in a red box for a long time?

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

The issue may not be the sitting in a red box aspect, but rather the long transit time due to their location, which would be the same if it was lodged at a PO with full tracking.

In these days of Ebay pushing for lodgement scans unfortunately means those that lodge in red boxes (as per marketed on Ebays home page even) are subject to scepticism.

Dont forget everything is slower at this time of year.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

You may have dodged a bullet....a Not Received dispute is a lot easier than a Not As Described.

I always wonder why plant sellers send their items in the red plastic satchels.....every one I have had that was has been useless.

Those that were sent in cardboard boxes and/or wrapped in brown paper have been fine.

And I have learned to buy plants in the cooler weather and not from sellers who live in the back of beyond where mail deliveries and pickups are more likely to cause problems.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I've purchased a lot of live plants lately from Qld & the NT and they have been fine in boxes, many wrapped in wet newspaper & came fairly quickly. Some have been from commercial sources, but many from ordinary collectors/ gardeners. I've had bulbs in red plastic bags grow successfully, but they have come fairly quickly.

I'm not in a rush, I'll give it a good while before I appeal, but I don't think he'll be making any more sales with the growing negs. 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Hmmm. The red dots are coming in thick & fast.

Do you think this account could have been hijacked ? (not that $ payments is going to make you rich fast)

It seems strange that after a sound selling history to hit this? 

He has not responded to the claims, nor returned my messages

if you want to check his feedback look for 152301461885

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Two things about that listing ring alarm bells for me - so loud they're deafening.  

One, they're in a Melbourne suburb so the only way they wouldn't have access to a PO is if they have physical disabilities that stop them getting to one.  Maybe they mean that they get AP to pick up every few days, but it doesn't really make sense.

Two, a price of $2.50 with free postage on something that's unlikely to post as a letter also rings alarm bells.  Even if it does post as a letter, it'd cost a minimum of $2 so it doesn't make sense.

Bottom line - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't true.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I can't understand why anyone would want to buy bulbs, plants or cuttings on ebay or anywhere at the busiest time of year for parcels. Maybe people like receiving dead plants in the post as they can take up to 3-4 weeks to travel 5kms.
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

This is the best time of the year. AP actually make an effort to deliver in a timely manner.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I agree with you there Dave.   My mail is arriving faster now than at any time since out 2 tier delivery system started in January.

And I am getting GSP mail from the UK in 9 days.....almost unheard of speed.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply