REMOVED Stole One Thousand Dollars from me

I purchased item number REMOVED from REMOVED,  the description in the listing has the paypal logo and says they accept paypal, however when i agreed to purchase it and i reached the payment page the ebay webpage tells me to transfer the money to REMOVED bank account, there is no option for paypal available. So i transfer the money, i then receive an email from REMOVED stating if i want windiows operating system with my pc i need to pay and extra 300 dollars. I reply stating but the main photo used in the listing says "Winsows 10 Available with this pc" together with the official windows 10 logo. So i am asuming it has it already. 

I ask REMOVED to cancel the order and refund my money, they reply with i need to pay a restocking fee of 200 if i want to cancel, this is all on the same day i purchased, i replied with your listing states you give full refund, since that day they have not replied to any of my emails. 

I have put in 10 reports to ebay and yet the seller is still trading. ebay has seen the missleading listings and there is a few and still REMOVED is allowed to trade.

REMOVED has now blocked me from contacting them, i cant even leave the negative feedback and they have not refunded my money

If anyone has any info that could help me i would be much appreciated

Boats09

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The listing actually does imply that Windows is not included - in the item specifics, under operating system, it just states "choices available", same as the gallery photo - i.e. the word "available" is used, which is very different from "included". They also have a line in the description about purchasing the tower and an operating system together, implying it's not included by default.

they also don't offer PayPal as a payment method, and I couldn't see any PayPal logos in the listing description.

That being said... If the other events transpired as you state them, your best course would be via small claims, along with a report to ACORN (a federal agency for reporting online fraud  they pass the info on to the police, who take on cases like this. If you paid into their bank account, that would provide a nicely efficient way for the police to trace the recipient of the funds). 

Edited to add: I don't see anywhere in the listing that mentions a $200 restocking fee, though haven't read every last word, so if that wasn't stated up front they shouldn't be able to enforce that, particularly as restocking fees apply to returns, not cancellations. 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

To add it states - If you are not happy we will give full refund. Nothing about restocking fee.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Their adds that I checked state the following payment methods:

Payment method Preferred / Accepted  

Visa/MasterCard
Accepted

Money order/Bank cheque
Accepted

Personal cheque
Accepted

Bank deposit
Accepted

So I presume they have their own merchant facility so that they don't have to offer PP.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Another listing had:

PP.PNG

So they do have PP on some listings,(but is it PP via a credit card only?)

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ok, this is odd...

I don't see PP on any of their listings. I went to the view all items page for the seller, and then customised the results to only show listings that accepted PayPal, and every single listing came back as accepting PP... yet when I click on them it still only shows merchant facilities. Smiley Frustrated

(PS sellers offering discounts for paying by bank deposit is big no no... so not guilty ). 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Ok, this is odd...

I don't see PP on any of their listings. I went to the view all items page for the seller, and then customised the results to only show listings that accepted PayPal, and every single listing came back as accepting PP... yet when I click on them it still only shows merchant facilities. Smiley Frustrated

It looks like the computers have the bit I posted above about PP but the others haven't.

(PS sellers offering discounts for paying by bank deposit is big no no... so not guilty ). 

They have it inside the listing as well,(with a bigger discount),Sunnies.gif:

BD.PNG.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sadly as you got duped into paying by bank deposit you aren't covered by the money back guarantee scheme either.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

As stated file a case with Acorn:  Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network

https://www.acorn.gov.au/

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply