Recent purchase BUT seller provided tracking saying its been delivered in August!

bryzen
Community Member

Hello,

Recently purchased an item 3days ago.

But seller has provided tracking,saying it was delivered in August.

How does one initiate a refund?

Via return item or contact eBay?

Have contacted seller,no response and have zero confidence on the seller delivering and or following through.

Any advice,much appreciated.

Cheers and best wishes for the festive season.: )

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Recent purchase BUT seller provided tracking saying its been delivered in August!

bryzen
Community Member

All good.

Have initiated a refund request on item not received.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

1) Have you checked the tracking number?

2) Where is the seller?

3) What is the item number?

We may be able to help you with more information....otherwise go to HELP at top of page and conduct a 'live chat' with eBay.

Good luck!  (Don't leave it too long)

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

Hi there,

Have checked tracking number.

Sellers location India.

Item#  133610988078

Seller hasn't responded,will initiate live chat tomorrow.

Not covered by eBay money back guarantee?

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

By opening an item not received dispute, the seller will win because the tracking shows as delivered (even though it's before you even purchased). I think the best thing to do is get onto live chat, as suggested and explain everything to them. Tell them to check the tracking number so they can see the item is saying delivered before you even purchased from them.

Did you look at the seller's feedback before you purchased? Not good at all.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

Hi there,

Seller won't win in regards to false tracking info and quite obvious a charlatan and a thief.

Why eBay allows rogue traders to operate with impunity,beggars belief.

This seller clearly is an opportunist and should be struck out.

I have Faith and Faith that eBay will correct the error.

Haven't let me down to date,

but there's always a first time?haha

As for feedback,on glance,didn't look too bad to me.

Everyone deserves a second chance and a shot at redemption.

All the best.: )

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

There was somebody else recently who was given a tracking that showed delivered prior to his purchase. It must be a new scam.

Anyway, I hope eBay representatives see the scam in spite of the item being marked as delivered.

If not, contact them via live chat or, if you used PayPal to pay, open a case in PayPal.

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

@bryzen wrote:

Hi there,

Seller won't win in regards to false tracking info and quite obvious a charlatan and a thief.

I think the trouble could be that so much of the ebay process is automated. I can't say for sure, but it is possible that if the seller inserts a tracking number that shows delivered, that the system will just award the case to him.

But any real live person should be able to see it is a scam so if you need to go on chat to point out what has happened, do so.

In fact I would go further and say that if this is some new scam, the automated ebay systems should be tweaked to pick it up. It can't be that hard to do. The date of delivery has to be after the date of purchase. Simple.

I'd also be querying just where this item was delivered to, as it won't be to your address.

I agree, if sellers are discovered handing out false tracking numbers, they should be blocked from selling on ebay, at least for a period.

Please let us know how you get on. Good luck!

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@bryzen wrote:

Hi there,

I think the trouble could be that so much of the ebay process is automated. I can't say for sure, but it is possible that if the seller inserts a tracking number that shows delivered, that the system will just award the case to him.

But any real live person should be able to see it is a scam so if you need to go on chat to point out what has happened, do so.

In fact I would go further and say that if this is some new scam, the automated ebay systems should be tweaked to pick it up. It can't be that hard to do. The date of delivery has to be after the date of purchase. Simple.

I'd also be querying just where this item was delivered to, as it won't be to your address.

I agree, if sellers are discovered handing out false tracking numbers, they should be blocked from selling on ebay, at least for a period.

Please let us know how you get on. Good luck!

I was thinking exactly the same, springy. Their reply/decision could be automated, AND the scammers probably know, that's why some are trying this totally absurd scam that could be in the Twilight Zone! Luckily this has never happened to me, so I cannot say for sure, but it is certainly a possibility. A quick chat with a human should solve the problem though.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

bryzen
Community Member

Hi there papermoon.lady & springyzone,

thanks for your replies.

Will follow through with a live chat today.

Though normally,when a dispute is open,if the seller doesn't respond by a certain date,

there is a human that steps in,not automated.

As for new scams,sign of the times and how prevalent,the wolves are targeting the lambs.

People as well as corporations.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 NIV

Best wishes.: )

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply