Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia vi

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia via the Global Shipping Program. I was given a tracking number, which showed the progress of the delivery. However the progress changed from In Transit to Delivered in Erlanger, KY, 5 Apr 2023

6:56am
DELIVERED PO BOX
ERLANGER, KY 41025
I do expect to get it by  Sun 30 Apr - Thu 11 May , I did not get it yet but ebay did send an email that confirms it was delivered, and on my  ebay page it is marked that is delivered too, Global Shipping Program is what a mess!
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Recently I bought an item from a seller in the US, paid for the item to be delivered to Australia vi

It just means it was handed over to  Pitney Bowes (by USPS). With multiple carriers, "delivered" just means a carrier has done its job and delivered a parcel to the next carrier.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

It may be a ‘mess’ but that is how it works

Does it say it has been delivered to you at your address?

No

It isn’t a site issue

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

What a mess!What a mess!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I received an email from ebay that said: your Item was delivered ! 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, it means that but it was written: your item was delivered on my ebay page plus an email from ebay!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, probably because the system just detects the word "delivered". 

But if something happens and the item is not delivered to you, you can still get help from eBay for sure, although you might have to go past their bots first and talk to a human.

With eBay International shipping (which is the same as the GSP, using multiple carriers, but cheaper) I once had a seller who was using it for the first time who saw the word "delivered" in the USA and asked me if I had received my item because she was confused herself.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@globalboiling wrote:

I received an email from ebay that said: your Item was delivered ! 

Yes... it was delivered to the GLOBAL SHIPPING HUB IN ERLANGER KENTUCKY... as are ALL items that are shipped from the US via the GSP... from where it will be shipped to you.

It's not hard to understand.

Please look at the ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE... to your address.

Also look at the eBay Money Back Guarantee (on the listing) so you know what to do should your item not arrive or is not as described.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It does not however say  delivered to you at your address

Huge difference, as has been said several times between delivered to you which is does not say

and

delivered to Erlanger KY which is what it actually  says 

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

When it moves from the GSP hub, the tracking will update again to say it's in transit. For now, stop looking at the tracking because it could sit in Erlanger for several weeks before being shipped. Despite them saying it's being sent priority, or express, it goes on the slow train. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply