Recipient Address Issue.

kew
Community Member

On 26 July, I purchased some car parts from a seller in Texas, USA.  The parts were dispatched in good time and I watched them on tracking arrive in Sydney, then head down to Melbourne.  (I’m in Bundaberg, QLD).  

This was somewhat concerning as they were traveling in the wrong direction.  I made enquiries at my local post office and discovered that the receiver’s address on the package was Crysler 3XXX (I can’t recall the exact post code, but it was Victorian).  A quick check revealed “Crysler does not exist.  I contacted Australia Post and although very helpful, they tried but were unable to intercept the parcel before it left Australia for return to the Seller.  

I contacted the seller who advised me he would refund me when he received the item back.  In the meantime, I bought another of the same part from the seller which recently arrived in Australia, but not delivered yet.  When I track the original item, it shows as in Canada.  Not sure why as the seller was in Texas, USA.  Perhaps that was the return address for shipping maybe.  

When I track now on the USPS website, (CM218234559US), it says it arrived in Canada and  “Origin Post is preparing shipment”.  To me it sounds like it is being exported again, perhaps back to Australia? or Texas, USA?.

The Seller’s response to the two messages I have sent him has been somewhat curt, just not sure whether I am doing myself a disfavour in waiting for a refund from the seller or should I be raising a case for an item not received.  The value of the car part was about $300.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Recipient Address Issue.

Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Recipient Address Issue.

Look at the Last Estimated Delivery Dates & read the eBay Money Back Guarantee on the listings.

I never faff around with looking at the tracking of any item.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Okay.  I’ve read that.  Thanks.  The estimated delivery date is between 25/9 and 27/10.  It appears it would be pointless making a claim with eBay before 27/10 anyway, so I should just sit and watch until then. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Are those EDD's from your items in your purchase history?

Or are you looking at the seller's current listings?

Seems excessively long for an item purchased in July.

Can you provide the item #'s?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Sure.  Item No. 155679380391

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Might have got mixed up there when looking at a freshly purchased one.  I think my one says by Sept 18

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

You've made 2 separate purchases.

I'd look up the expected date for the first one & I'd put in a claim for it within a month of that date. For item not received.

You don't have to wait for it to arrive back to the seller. The only thing I can think of that he could say to ebay is he sent it but it wasn't picked up but I would think he would have to show tracking that it actually went to your area.

With the second item, you will need to wait till the expected delivery date, which seems to be 18 Sept from what you say. No point in worrying too much yet, wait and see if it arrives.

If it doesn't, same steps as above.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Thats one well traveled package,  tracking would seem to indicate that the item was not cleared by customs.

Items for clearance  changing from Sydney to Melbourne is not a problem, happens all the time due to backlogs .

But the item goes from  15/8  Melbourne international arrival awaiting clearance, to

23/8  cleared awaiting international departure

As for the item now being in Canada, international returns travel by the cheapest carrier available.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Recipient Address Issue.

Thanks for the information.  🙂

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply