Refund delays?

Has anyone had problems getting a refund even with verification for it.
I only ask as I am expecting a refund from seller for non arrival of item but its taking longer than usual to show in my bank account.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Refund delays?

cq_tech
Community Member
I presume you have already received a refund notice from Paypal, in which case, as the others have already stated, the money will either be returned to your credit card, or your Paypal balance, depending upon which funding method you used.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Keep in mind it will go back to a credit card if funded by that through PayPal.

And that can take a little longer.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

a refund will not go to your bank account

if you paid with c/card via Paypal it will go to your c/card after about 3 days

if you paid with money  already in your Paypal balance, it will go back into your Paypal account.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I presume you have already received a refund notice from Paypal, in which case, as the others have already stated, the money will either be returned to your credit card, or your Paypal balance, depending upon which funding method you used.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Its ok now. Refund was sent. I think I had a mild panic attack. Thankyou.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

OK this is new to me.

Seller refunded me, but it says it wont clear into my Paypal account until 2nd March.

I paid with paypal funds, seller couldnt find item, and refunded me.

Just to be clear, it was a refund, he didnt just send me money (as a refund). He clicked the refund button or whatever.

All transactions show as linked in paypal.

After I JUSt sorted out the nightmare of paypal holding funds for 21 days when I sell, now this?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Old thread, new query.

That doesn't sound right.

Normally when if it comes out of PayPal balance and refunded, it's there for immediate use in PayPal or can be transferred to an account. That takes 2-5 days depending on which bank.

If paid by PayPal backed up with credit card it will go straight back to the card, still only 2-5 days.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I called.

I quote

(Mr Paypal) "That's the silliest thing I ever heard"

haha he said its an error, its been sent to paypal as a cheque (?) and will clear in a few days or 5.

Oh boy.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Seller may not have had sufficient funds in PayPal to refund you, so it went through as an echeque.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I had to do a refund a few months back when the item I was sending broke when I was packing it. My husband had just bought up on eBay and emptied my PayPal account out. The only way I could refund was to move money from my bank account into PayPal, which was going to take about a week, or send it as a payment, which came straight from my bank account. When I tried to do the refund, PayPal refused to allow it due to insufficient funds. I ended up sending as a payment and the buyer was happy with that. I know it was a risk, but it was the only way I could find to do it without making the buyer wait.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply