Refund issue

So on the 20th June I made an order and paid through PayPal. Seller told me they would ship it soon and a few days later I got tracking from dhl to say a label had been created. After waiting a week there was no update so I tried contacting the seller, heard nothing despite sending multiple messages. The estimated delivery date was between the 1st July and the 19th July. After sending multiple messages and getting no reply I opened a item not received case on the 20th July. The seller finally got in contact with me saying theyd had an accident which is why it was never shipped. I told them I wanted a refund and they said they would but there was an issue with PayPal so I would have to wait a few days. I asked for an update after 4 days and got no reply. I tried again the next 2 days but heard nothing. I then asked ebay to step in but my case was put on hold straight away until the 2nd August (today). Today I was again put on hold until the 7th August but it says the seller will give you a refund. 

Being a bit annoyed that it was put on hold again I tried to contact ebay via the online chat, however when I selected my item it says that the payment couldn't be verified and thus wouldn't fall under ebay money back guarantee unless I could provide proof. I have the emails and PayPal receipt, but I'm wondering will anything change on the 7th August. I still haven't heard anything from the seller and am wondering if I should just open a case on PayPal. 

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks and sorry for the long rant.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Refund issue

An issue with PayPal? 

It could be that the seller's PayPal account is frozen because someone else opened a case (if the seller lives in a country where sellers still receive payments into their PayPal account).

I am not sure why you were put on hold, possibly because of the PP issue.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Refund issue

I am not sure why this has happened to you, it sounds a bit odd if you paid on ebay via paypal.

If I were you though, I'd wait till 7th Aug and see what happens and chase it up then. If the refund doesn't come through then, I'd open a case on Paypal. You get 180 days so you can afford to wait a few more days with ebay. Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Refund issue

Hi petreism2808 I feel your pain. I found that Paypal makes it really difficult to raise a problem. There is also no actual person you can speak to. It is because of my very bad experience from Paypal that I very rarely use it now. I find that blocking the transaction via your credit card issuer to be more effective. If nothing else, the seller is obliged to provide evidence and a valid reason to their bank for a defence. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply