Refund not given

Help. I have not received my earrings. The seller asked me to close the case and give them until June 20, 2022 to supply them after placing order which didn’t come . I did that and they still haven’t arrived. The seller has said they will refund my money but they haven’t. Because the case is technically closed, what can I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Refund not given

Unfortunately, it is a common trick to ask buyers to close cases and then ignore them. Never ever listen to a seller who says you should close a case to get a refund or a replacement.

I hope you used PayPal to pay. If you did, you have 180 days since the date of purchase to open a case.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

NEVER EVER close a case until you are completely happy with the outcome. That request by the seller is a very common ploy by dodgy sellers to scam you. You could try Paypal if you paid that way but if the seller can prove they sent the item you are out of luck.

If it's the seller you left the neg for no doubt they will be after you to change it - DON'T DO THAT.

Edit. Snap Papermoon.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

Use your credit provider to obtain a refund.

Apart from those who advise you on here do not believe strangers on the internet.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

And don't buy expensive items from overseas unless you are really sure the seller is a reliable seller. That seller is based in India. Did they provide a tracking number?

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

@padi*0409 wrote:

If it's the seller you left the neg for no doubt they will be after you to change it - DON'T DO THAT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The feedback was not there when i posted my first reply.

And the seller has already responded: Just had to message us. We will resolve the concern.

Clearly deceptive as they did communicate with the buyer and asked them to close the case...

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

Hi. I am writing to you because you kindly advised me re credit card not being accepted. This post about earrings is from a while ago and the seller has been harassing me to take it down, which I am now willing to do, but can’t find ‘ mark as concluded’ or other option like that. They keep writing to me to ‘ take it down’ because I have returned the earrings once they arrived ( they were faulty and the seller wanted me to take them to a jeweller to be fixed!) and have received a refund. So technically they are correct, the problems have been resolved. I have not yet received the refund on the postage for return yet, though they have agreed to it.

Still can’t work out how to mark this as completed. The option someone suggested is not given to me in the drop down box. Any ideas please? 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

If you started the topic, you should be able to mark it as solved (which is not in the drop down menu, it is near the bottom of your original post

The last option on the drop down menu is report inappropriate content, if you want the mod to take it down

If the seller is harassing you, block them, they have no right to ask you once, let alone harass you to do so

It does not identify who they are, only you and them know who you are talking about 

And they are not a mod, so they cannot tell you to take your post down

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

As Sandy said, it is the last option in the dropdown menu. Don't worry, you can add a comment, so the moderator will know why you want your post taken down and that it is not inappropriate.

Here is a list of moderators if you prefer to send them a message, but they are not all active.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=moderator

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Refund not given

@bernzbizz01 wrote:

.................the problems have been resolved. I have not yet received the refund on the postage for return yet, though they have agreed to it.

It's unclear if you want to close this thread or close the dispute.

If it's the dispute DO NOT close it until you get the postage refund. If you do, you'll never get it........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply