Registered item lost in post

Hello,

I bought an item on Ebay. I have no doubt that the seller handed it to Auspost as they provided a tracking number which shows the item got scanned in at the seller's local post office. However, there have been no events since and it's nearly been a month (delivery estimate says it should have taken 4 days to be delivered). I alerted the seller to the fact that I never got the item and the seller opened an investigation with Auspost (says 'customer enquiry lodged' on the tracking).

So I'm here still waiting for my item. I have no idea how long these enquiries take. I needed the item this week. I don't want to be waiting another 3-4 weeks for some enquiry. Can I ask the seller for a refund now?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

IMO this is where you will find out why kind of seller you have.      First I would email the seller, just using the CONTACT SELLER option, explaining that you don't want to wait any longer and ask for a refund.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Just explain to the seller your side and why you want a refund. Hopefully your seller would understand and give you a refund. But if incase the item turns up, you can pay them again.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Gday mate,

Get a claim into ebay and paypal now.

This will put the hard work of finding your item onto the seller.

You only have so long to start a claim so do it now.

If the seller can't provide ebay or paypal the tracking that shows the item was delivered, you get a refund.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

You've been patient but don't delay, ask the seller for a refund and if it hasn't been given in 24 hours, put in a formal claim immediately as strawberry said. You need a refund.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

If its been a month at least start the dispute. Disputes give plenty of time to resolve issues, and seller has had a good start.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

why should a seller have to provide a refund if he has proof it was posted. sellers cant be held liable for aus post stuff ups..

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Maybe not legally, but wouldn't it be a better public relations exercise to cheefully refund the buyer?   After all he has not got the item he wanted in time.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@spinyeel wrote:

why should a seller have to provide a refund if he has proof it was posted. sellers cant be held liable for aus post stuff ups..

You are only covered by PayPal if you have proof of postage. If a dispute is opened through eBay, the tracking must show as being delivered (even though it contravenes our local laws). In both cases the buyer will usually still get a refund, but it will be out of PP/eBay pocket rather than the seller.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

start an enquiry for lost parcel through AP:
https://auspost.com.au/

If no joy, the seller has to claim from AP & the buyer claims from PayPal - you have 180 days
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply