Reporting Counterfeit Items a waste of time and energy.

Have recently had cause to report 10 counterfeit items (acknowledged as such in the listing!) being sold by the one Seller and nothing, nil, nada, nought has been done about it.

Meanwhile the Seller is happily selling his fake junk and eBay and PayPal happily picking up their fees.

I'm sure if I sent screen shots of all the listings and reports to the Trademark Owners they'd really be happy that eBay were doing nothing to protect their brand. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Reporting Counterfeit Items a waste of time and energy.

Sounds like a good idea

This will allow the trademark owners to submit pysical proof to eBay that the seller is selling fakes

In the meantime, as far as eBay goes you can also use the have us call you option and ask to speak to a supervisor and point out to them the listing states they are fakes

So much of eBay is automated bots, often very little is done when reports are submitted 'on-line'

Is the seller registered in Australia ?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

"Have recently had cause to report 10 counterfeit items"

Why did you have "cause".

" eBay were doing nothing to protect their brand. "

That's strange...I see the MBG on every item I have purchased.

Why are you concerned with eBay's "brand"?

I'm odd...I just use the site to buy & sell.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@the_pooze wrote:

I'm sure if I sent screen shots of all the listings and reports to the Trademark Owners they'd really be happy that eBay were doing nothing to protect their brand. 

In real terms, it's not eBay's responsibility to protect other brands, it's the brand's themselves.

ebay has an obligation to act on reports from the rights owners, but they rarely act upon copyright infringement reports from just anyone. 

The better thing to do, if concerned, is report it to the brand who can then decide what action(s) to pursue. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply