Request from a seller, pleeeeze

If there is something wrong with what you have ordered, either received or got lost in the mail could you please contact the seller directly, from your order - these can be found in your 'Purchase History'

If you open a 'Request' that means trouble for us - now if that's deserved then so be it.

I have received a 'Request' from a potential buyer,  but he cancelled his orders, which I did - not a biggie in the scheme of life, but it probably means another defect for me for something I was asked to do.

Am I making sense? contacting the seller directly is easier & more pleasant, but if you are given then short end of a long stick? then go for it with a 'Request'

Now I have to get something to eat before my spine starts fighting with my tummy lolol - Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Request from a seller, pleeeeze

109 lookers, and kudos as well - but not 1 buyer response - truthfully? I am very surprised
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

The only things I thought of saying may not have been too polite to buyers who have not done so lol

My mumma always said if you can't say anything nice . . .kudos and go. 

Or something like that Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

lolol Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

The seller will also insta-block you if you start a request.

Then they will share your buyerid with other sellers (sseller facebook groups, twitter etc) and before you know it, your userid has gone viral and mass amounts of other sellers have also blocked you to protect themselves.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@ozfalcon2801 wrote:
The seller will also insta-block you if you start a request.

Then they will share your buyerid with other sellers (sseller facebook groups, twitter etc) and before you know it, your userid has gone viral and mass amounts of other sellers have also blocked you to protect themselves.

Is that what you would do to a buyer ??

What if they had a legitimate case ?

Seems a little extreme, not all buyers are BAD, and not all items are PERFECT, seems a shame to punish someone for asking for help with a sub standard item.

Glad I don't buy games or DVD's on line, sheesh.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@downeyas wrote:

If there is something wrong with what you have ordered, either received or got lost in the mail could you please contact the seller directly, from your order - these can be found in your 'Purchase History'

If you open a 'Request' that means trouble for us - now if that's deserved then so be it.

I have received a 'Request' from a potential buyer,  but he cancelled his orders, which I did - not a biggie in the scheme of life, but it probably means another defect for me for something I was asked to do.

Am I making sense? contacting the seller directly is easier & more pleasant, but if you are given then short end of a long stick? then go for it with a 'Request'

Now I have to get something to eat before my spine starts fighting with my tummy lolol - Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree totally, however I think eBay encourages that kind of communication.........as in, open a request/dispute, regardless.

I have been lucky so far. I've had a few buyers send a message via the listing, telling me their item hasn't arrived. I asked if they could wait another week as for some reason mail has been taking forever to get from central west NSW to Victoria (they were all from Vic). If it hadn't arrived in another week, I'd be more than happy to refund. All were happy to do that. All but one messaged me again a few days later saying their item had arrived. The last one to send me a message hasn't sent a message to say whether it arrived or not and the week was up last Friday, so I can only assume that it arrived.

Another 2 times I had buyers send a message saying their item wasn't as described. One I had no idea about and later found out what she told me was correct, the other I had completely missed the defect on it.......but when I went back into the listing and looked at the photo, it was as plain as the nose on my face. As I had described it as being in perfect condition, despite the photo, I accepted fully that I had stuffed up.

The first buyer I offered a full refund with return postage cost (not initial postage as she was happy with the other item she bought and it would have cost that postage anyway), or if she wanted to keep them, I'd give her a partial refund. I partially refunded her. Thankfully, she didn't leave feedback.

The second buyer I offered a replacement or refund. He was happy with me sending a replacement and I told him to keep the original one. I also sent him a freebie as an apology. He was stoked with the outcome and gave me glowing feedback and 5 stars for everything.

When I send an invoice, I include a message saying if there are any issues whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me using the ask about using my item or send seller a message option. I think including that has made a difference because so far (touch wood), I've only got messages and no disputes opened up. 

The second buyer was a low feedback buyer and I did ask him not to open a dispute as I was willing to do whatever it took to achieve a good outcome for him. I also went on to say when it IS appropriate to open a case and whether to open a PayPal or eBay one. Basically I said to always contact the seller first, as he had done with me, then if the seller was willing to do what they could to ensure a good outcome, no need to open a dispute. If the seller ignores you or tries to play hard, then go the dispute. He thanked me profusely and said he would file that message away for future use if the need ever arose. 

As a buyer, the few times I have had an issue, I've sent the seller a message and they have been happy to resolve it without the need for any disputes. Even a few shipments that hadn't arrived, the sellers offered a full refund, even after the PayPal cut off. I didn't need to get any refunds as everything ended up arriving. 

Communication is the key!!! Disputes shouldn't be used as a matter of course.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Perhaps some sellers do that oz, I certainly don't and I have also never seen any 'viral nasties' about buyers anywhere
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Well the bay can encourage whatever they like sheep - if that's what they want, fisty-cuffs at dawn lol

but they only do it - well because they can

Perhaps it's time for those across the sea to learn what the word 'Civility' means, according to my thesaurus it means, politeness, courtesy, respect, graciousness & consideration, none of those words would in any way refer to any 'request' that can cause a seller to come out of it smelling like the opposite to a rose, ewww lol

I am really surprised that not more buyers have come in and put forward their view-point, perhaps they think if they do we (sellers) will 'send them viral'  sheesh, I have better things to do with my time lol - Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

My buyer viewpoint. 

If there is anything at all significantly wrong I will message the seller through ask a question. That way they should know what item I am talking about and they have the opportunity to discuss it in a friendly way. If I hear nothing, I will wait a bit and try again. Still no reply or a rude/dismissive one, then Paypal will be involved. But only as a last resort. I understand things can be overlooked and that sellers aren't responsible for postage delays, too ๐Ÿ™‚

rarely have I had to talk to Paypal about advice or open a case in all the years I have been buying here. Most sellers are reasonable if there is a valid issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply