Retract a bid

I have placed a bid on an item based in Melbourne only to discover it is pick up only. As I live in Perth this is rather difficult to comply with. I contacted the seller who suggested I could retract the bid. 

I tried this but the link to retract the bid is not working. How can I contact e-bay to get them to fix it?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Retract a bid

If you have used the link below to try and retract the bid and it's not working (maybe you're outside the time limit), then ask the seller to retract for you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/bidding/retracting-bid?id=4013&st=7&po=4&uci=0&ri=0

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Retract a bid

Do what Padi said, but I think there may be some current glitches in regards to retracting bids. If you are unable to retract the bid, contact the seller and let them know. They may be happy to cancel. The worst that will happen is you'll get an unpaid item strike. If you have no other unpaid strikes against your account in the last year, it will make zero difference to your account. The strike will be removed after 12 months.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Retract a bid

Ebay does not want to fix it. I retracted a bid months ago . Could not do it via mobile or PC, I had to go through the online help system, finally tapped away to a human. I explained that I was unable to do it myself as the links don't work. I believe they want higher prices and your error and mine just our bad luck.  It was suggested they would look into it. don't be silly.

Tonight I have made a mistake on bidding on the wrong item of several from the same seller, I can't cancel it and bid on correct item, we are talking $250.00 , would bid on other item but not with the other hanging over my head. . could not change on mobile trying now at home. No success. I will write to seller and ask him to cancel bid. I will also contact consumer affairs as this is an ongong issue and I believe solely revenue driven. If seller doesn't agree to cancel I will have to be like the dozen or so people that have won my auctions and just not paid. pathetic.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply