Return address supplyed apon confirmed order

Just brought an item and ebay gave me sellers address with confirmed order email.
Is this new? Ive never noticed it before.
(And no, i have not opened a return, i only just payed for it)
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Return address supplyed apon confirmed order

Where was the item purchased from?

If it was an international purchase from a country in the EU that would be fairly normal, as they are required by law to provide return details since buyers have the right to withdraw from the sale and if the details aren't provided the buyer can actually get significantly longer than the normal 14 days to withdraw (it's either up to 1 or 2 years, from memory). 

If it was a local purchase, addresses can be provided up front if certain payment options are offered (cheques, money orders etc), or if pick up was an option. 

If none of that is applicable, then it would seem it's something else / new. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

G'day Digi, my item is from usa
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I think there's a lot of updates to the returns system happening over the next couple of months, (eBay's current favourite thing to push for is free returns for buyers), so it might be part of those updates, but it could also be something to do with that seller's individual account settings or customised invoice template (eg if they are a registered business, they may have included it in a template themselves, though I'm not too sure how customisable they are these days). 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply