Return to sender but the item can't be delivered

Hi there,

I bought 2 pairs of sandals advertised as leather but they were cheap plastic and I started return process with eBay. I've sent the items with the return label provided by eBay and when checking tracking number on AusPost  I got info: Attempted delivery - Incorrect address on item.

What should I do now?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hmmmm….. can’t say I’ve come across this on the boards before, so it’s a new scenario to me. 
Looks as if the seller is pulling a swifty by listing a fake address in their eBay account.

Can you go back into the case and add a pic of the tracking info where it clearly shows attempted delivery failed due to incorrect address? (Screen shot) 

And then escalate to a claim? (Refund). 

Other than that, I really don’t know. I honestly don’t think live chat will be any help, but you could try. 

Any chance you can give us the item number of the sandles?  Don’t mention the sellers name.  

We’ll have a closer look for you. 

cheers 💋

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If the seller indicates a fake address, it is their problem if the item cannot be delivered, and you should open a case for a refund, as Jane said.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Screenshot (28).pngScreenshot (30).png

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I've never had such a problem before. Thank you girls for the advice.

🙂

Cheers

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I suspect that that Micro Circuit is a complex of warehouses. The seller might live in China even if they are registered in Australia, as it is probably S. (the person who works in the warehouse) who registered. That happened to me too recently. The seller was in China (they admitted they were not in Australia), but they had a supplier here with a warehouse. The supplier had probably registered for the eBay account, so it appeared that the seller was registered in Australia.

S. is probably real, and the warehouse somewhere in the Micro Circuit too, but it was obviously impossible for AusPost to find that person in a complex of warehouses.

Maybe S. can pick the item up from the post office?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You might need to put those captures in your refund case with eBay, is what I meant. 😊

The delivery status says that you should get a refund within 3 days of delivery.  If delivery can’t be made, or isn’t complete, then you may not get a refund, so you will need eBay to step in. 

get the ball rolling now.  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply