Returned item delivered to wrong address (Using eBay's return postage lable)

Just wanted to get some advice;

I purchased an iPad Pro that was not as described (it was listed in great condition) but I received an iPad that was bent and had scratches)

I requested a return with the seller the same day I received it and and the seller accepted the return. I lodge the item with Aus post that afternoon using the ebay generated postage label and return the item.

The iPad is delivered but the seller advises me she has not received it and asks for the return address provided, I sent her a copy of the Aus post label and she advised me it's her old address.

The seller has now since opened a case against me and eBay has ruled in the seller's favour (I can see any of her notes as to why the case was escalated and the seller is now ghosting me).

I have just lodged an appeal and provided the facts that I used the label provided by eBay and it has been marked as delivered.

I would have thought I would have been covered as I used eBay’s return process and the item was marked as delivered (I don’t feel is my problem the seller has the wrong details in her profile)

Any advice on the next steps?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Go to the link below then scroll to the bottom and use the "contact us" link to appeal the decision, ask to speak to a supervisor as soon as it's possible.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Go to the link below then scroll to the bottom and use the "contact us" link to appeal the decision, ask to speak to a supervisor as soon as it's possible.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply