Returned via red street mail box

Hi there I have made a return via the red street mail box near me. The parcel ofcourse has tracking so that the seller knows I returned the item and there is proof of this, however, since it was a red street mail box that i placed the parcel in, I was wondering if the tracking would work properly, ie. would the item scan before it gets delivered and would it even scan when its delivered?? thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You're relying on the efficiency of employees who are under an extreme workload. It's highly likely that it may not get scanned at all until it reaches the destination delivery centre.

While you can use the red box, any item with tracking should always be lodged over the counter. Even if the scanner doesn't register on the item - which happens regularly - you at least have the lodgement receipt.

What do you suppose would happen if your item from the red box falls into the wrong hands before it reaches the next scanning point? How exactly would you prove you posted the item with no tracking history, and no lodgement receipt?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@melb-sneakers wrote:

Hi there I have made a return via the red street mail box near me. The parcel ofcourse has tracking so that the seller knows I returned the item and there is proof of this, however, since it was a red street mail box that i placed the parcel in, I was wondering if the tracking would work properly, ie. would the item scan before it gets delivered and would it even scan when its delivered?? thanks. 

------------------------------------

Hi, since it's been about 2 weeks since you sent the item back, has it arrived back to seller OK?

I understand it is Xmas time still and post isn't always traveling at the right speed.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply