Returning a faulty item advice

Hi all, seller has agreed to accept return of a faulty item and refund the purchase cost, plus the original postage cost, and the return postage cost also. I am unsure if I am doing the correct procedure by doing it this way, or should it be done via an Ebay dispute. The way I see it, there is no issue at this point, as the seller has agreed to my requests, I just don't want to leave myself open to problems if I simply send the item back at my expence for the return postage, and then trust the seller to refund all the costs, as they have promised to do. The seller has said they will give me the adress to return the item to, but I have read somewhere that this can be risky as the item could go astray and then I have nothing further to go on.They have a 100 positive feedback. I am just unsure whether to just deal with the seller directly or go through Ebay/Paypal, even though at this poiunt in time, there is no disagreement between myself and the seller.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Request the seller to send you a return postage label which you attach to the return package and lodge over the counter at your local PO with tracking.

It will cost you nothing to return the item that way and you will have proof you've returned the item in case the seller changes their mind and refuses a refund.

Other options

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/return-item.html

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Alot of sellers doen't use click and send - I can't understand why ebay can't do a generate a return label like they do for sales.

If you have in messages that the seller has agreed to a return cost price of x amount, and then they don't refund, you can call ebay who will reimburse you.

Don't just accept a vague "I will pay your return costs".  You have to have a dollar amount agreed.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks both, all appears good at the moment. Seller has agreed to send a prepaid package to return the item, so we will see what happens.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

When you get the prepaid satchel send them a message through ebay asking them to confirm the address then if they do so and it matches the one on the satchel you have evidence that you have posted to the correct address. When you take it to the PO tell them you want Signature on Delivery, it will cost you just over three bucks but will give you the proof of delivery you will need.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply