Returning after window closed

I bought a chicken scolder on the 10th of May this year. It was delivered on the 17th of May. We only got around to opening it today (6th July) and found it to be damaged.

The unit was packed terribly as it was just put in a loose box with some polystyrene shoved around it. The item was new. It has a damaged power switch, controller and the whole unit has been bent so it rocks on its feet.

We have contacted the seller, but no reply as yet. What can I do if the seller won’t contact me or becomes difficult?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

If you are outside the time limit for the MBG, then your only option will be a Paypal dispute or a chargeback through your bank - do not open both at the same time or they will both be closed against you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately we used Afterpay as the payment method.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I've never used Afterpay so I can't help you there. Perhaps contact Afterpay themselves and see what your options are.

https://help.afterpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/20252105912985-What-should-I-do-if-my-goods-haven-t-arri...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Slightly off topic. I had to look up " chicken scolder" - Oh.   As I watch a lot of crime shows my mind immediately went through a series of possibilities. Could be useful on those d-----d feral cats.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Nah.. cats aren’t as tasty as chicken😉

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Not according the the feral cats in my Dad's neighbourhood. A couple of dead ones waiting to be buried were cannibalised by their surviving mates.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Someone told me once that cat tastes like rabbit. Don't know how true that is- kinda expect carnivores to taste different to herbivores.

Rabbit does not taste like chicken! I will eat chicken, can't stand rabbit.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Well-prepared (cooked, roasted, poached, etc.) rabbit properly seasoned tastes wonderful, but it doesn't taste anything like chicken.

I will never know how a cat tastes, as I would kill deal harshly with anyone that tried to cook a cat.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I've often wondered how a good cat (flat) would cook up.

My preferred roadkill is possum or roo.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply