Rip off merchant

Puts a listing for multiple items, the.once payment is made reckons the listing was wrong.  Avoid at all costs.  False advertiser and rip off merchant

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rip off merchant

How were you ripped off?

Unless you didn't open a relevant dispute.

If they were a serial offender, they would have been booted.

More to this than meets the eye, methinks.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Why would I take the word of someone unable unwilling to abide by basic forum rules exactly?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Most people don't read T&Cs or rules...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@geoffrey7313 wrote:

Puts a listing for multiple items, the.once payment is made reckons the listing was wrong.  Avoid at all costs.  False advertiser and rip off merchant

What you need to do is give relevant feedback, if you can.

As far as I know, you can still give feedback if a seller cancels a transaction.

That way, potential new buyers who are looking at that seller's items might see it if they check feedback.

Putting it oon the forum isn't of much use at all. Even if the seller's ID was still showing (which it is not), this is a smallish forum with a not very big audience. And it is unlikely any of us are looking at items from that seller right at the moment. The odds of any of us being able to recall that seller's name in, say, 6-12 months time, is pretty low too.

So your best bet is feedback as you're hitting the specific potential customers.

Unfortunately some sellers do cancel sales and refund. With the bigger sellers, it is usually because they don't have the stock, they are drop shipping or something like it.

With private sellers, it can often be because they were expecting an ebay auction to achieve amazing prices and then they find they only get one bid and it is way below what they anticipated selling for.

Once when I was selling, I refunded a buyer because when we went to post the item, we found a small fault we had not noticed when we listed. It was only a doiley so we posted it free to the buyer anyway, but the point is, sometimes a seller can make a mistake with a listing. It happens.

The main thing is you have your money back so although you're disappointed, you haven't actually been ripped off.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply