Scam Seller selling items he does not posses and has no intention of delivering upon

ducarlion
Community Member

01 Dec, 2021 purchased item from seller who has failed to post purchased product.  15 Dec 21 made contact with seller asking why item has not yet even been posted. 16 Dec 21 FINAL DATE OF DELIVERY replies and tells me they do not have product in stock and he will issue refund within coming days. There is no way this issue was unknown to seller at time of taking my money and can only lead one to believe it done in order to farm " customer " information for identity theft piurposes. At any time from purchase date the seller could have made contact and made refund. i am now out of pocket $280 for accommodation costs awaiting an item the seller had no intention from day 1 to deliver upon yet did not even so much as make contact to make me aware of such. this is an intentional act by seller who knew for a fact he had none of the stock he was selling as he would have needed send items and been informed at some stage during the process. There is no doubt in my mind this was an intentional act done in order to obtain my personal information for identity fraud purposes
Ebay is absolutely worthless in this regard with no means to report the seller who has already admitted he is not sending items as agreed upon when contracted to sale until such a time as the postage dates expire. I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE REFUND
failure to do so will result in my informing my banking institution of a fraudulent transaction undertaken by this site due its lack of means to recoup my losses
i also demand the information of seller so i may contact authorities and if needed follow up with civil action to recoup lost funds due to his deceptive actions

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Scam Seller selling items he does not posses and has no intention of delivering upon

We are not eBay staff here, so we cannot issue a refund. As it is past the last day of the estimated delivery, you can open a case for INR. Don't forget to escalate the case to eBay if the seller does not respond in a satisfactory way within the 4 days granted to sellers by eBay to respond to cases.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Did you read their feedback before purchasing ?  I would have hit the back-button straight away........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

You're on a member to member forum. Ebay does not read here.

You don't need to go through so much drama such as civil action.

Have you ever read the buyers Help section? Because if you had, you would know that you can open a dispute in the event of an item not being delivered, or not being as described.

Open a case for Item Not Received and escalate it after 4 days so that you get your refund.

If today was the final delivery date, you can probably open the case tomorrow.

You do not need to communicate with the seller. Take the emotion out of it and consider it as a business transaction that went wrong. The seller may get you to try and close the case by promising to send the item right away, but do not be persuaded to do so. 

Ebay does not know there is a problem unless YOU take action. Opening a case indicates to Ebay that there is a matter to be resolved. They are not psychic you know.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

ducarlion
Community Member

The aim of civil action isnt for civil action alone. if as i suspect the seller is chinese posing as being based in australia then we have chinese actively attempting to farm the personal and private information of australian citizens. i would much rather prefer criminal action in such a matter but in order to get that far first i must be able to identify the seller as being chinese. I am not willing to wait on their leasure to be refunded i have been made wait for the past 15 days for a product seller knew on day one he was not going to be shipping to me. I was unaware ebay staff did not frequent this forum i have merely failed to make contact with them via available means. It was no business transaction gone wrong it was intentional deception done so in order to obtain customer information. IF it was a business transaction gone wrong he would have made contact the moment he was aware the product was unavailable and he had no means of shipping what was not within his possession not awaited until i opened means of contact demanding know if it were a scam. Seller cant send items he does not have. Seller knew this at time of sale. Seller accepted sale and money and waited until last day of recomended delivery period in order to make contact and state a refund would be coming in coming days. at his leasure in other words. as i did not get product paid for within time promised it would be delivered i have zero reasons to believe he holds any honesty in his response outside of an attempt to buy himself more time with ebay staff and the complaints / refund process. no doubt to farm yet more information.

i attempted contact ebay through their chat systems and their case bs before coming to this forum only to have every one of their idiot little questionaires push me away
WHILE THE SELLER HIMSELF ADMITS THERE IS NO PRODUCT IN HIS POSSESSION

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

As advised read the Buyer help section so you are well aware of what you can do if having a problem with a seller.  Also a good habit to check sellers feedback prior to purchase.  If you had done so in this case you would have seen for yourself the reliability or lack of for this seller.  This can be a great place to purchase from but you must be sure to do your due diligence every time.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

ducarlion
Community Member

payed more in accomodation costs to wait for the product THAT WILL NEVER BE DELIVERED to be delivered then i even paid for the product to begin with

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

You can easily see where a seller is based/registered, by looking at their feedback page.

Did you also check their actual feedback for negatives, as these will often indicate the type of issues a buyer might experience.

Can you give us the item number? Or the number of any item that they are selling so we can look at the seller ourselves.

Some sellers do not use the "Out of Stock" option when they run out. This is simply poor practice, but usually it is done so that the buyer still buys, and the seller hopes to restock the item in a timely manner to send out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't mean it's nefarious - it does happen from time to time. Chinese sellers are not known for the communication skills.

Eaby will never give out a sellers details, so good luck with that. Secondly, if they are based in China, you will never be able to launch civil action anyway. Thirdly, it is nobody's problem that you had to take special accommodation to wait for an item to be delivered. Maybe explain to us why you did that? 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Can you give us the item number? Or the number of any item that they are selling so we can look at the seller ourselves.

Just look at the OP's feedback left Jelly.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Righto - Ah, I can see that the seller has received negative feedback in the past about items not being sent.

They are a high volume seller based in Australia, and their feedback is generally good at 99%.

They've sold 47K items since 2007, so it would be unlikely they are just out to get someone's personal information for ID fraud.

The only issue the seller has is that they didn't send the item they indicated was in stock when it wasn't. 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply