Scammed

Hi guys and girls. 

I recently made a purchase without doing research.

I paid via PayPal and have not received a receipt.
My bank statements say the withdrawal went through

and there are transactions of -$1 and -$149.99.
I've tried to contact the seller to confirm the order placed

and get a receipt.

But no luck.

The order was placed on the 13th.

This is the item I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2017-200CC-6-5HP-Go-Kart-Dune-Buggy-ATV-QUAD-4-Stroke-Upgraded-Adult-Kids...

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Scammed

@padi*0409 wrote:

.....................not forgetting eBay put the mockers on the Highjack Hunters Taz.....................

Which only didn't make any sense,as the ones posting on that thread had been told in the past that it

didn't matter as eBay would only take action if they believed the reported listings where scam listings.

That's why we could only use listing titles and not listing numbers as that wouldn't pinpoint a specific seller.

So "innocent" sellers would never be harmed,(it's only when they had the last change on the boards that the

so called legal issue came up that it would harm non scammers if they where mistaken for the scammer).

How they where going to be harmed was never posted,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

In the end it was just a case of them trying to say that there are no scam listings on this site,(by not having a

physical reminder on the boards members could be fooled into believing it).

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

I contacted the original owner of the pics (aussie seller) he got back to me. He has had trouble like this before.
I reported the fake listing, and he has reported many fake listings using his photos, to no avail.

WHAT THE HELL IS EBAY DOING ?

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

If the role was reversed, in that the Aussie stole the Chinese listing, they'd be shut down in an instant. I'm not sure what we can do about the untouchables. They're like teflon. All eBay is doing is encouraging crime. The really stupid part is, they move heaven and earth to protect their buyers so they don't leave, but will gladly let the Chinese scammers rip them off blind. That in turns often causes them to leave.

Funny how eBay Michelle isn't around when all this stuff goes on.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

She'll be here tomorrow Tippy....along with her team to answer questions.

Any bets that the answers will not cover any of the current problems except to perhaps say that they will "look into it and get back to you" which will never happen.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

I, like many members here, will be at work tomorrow, so unable to attend their little love fest. There are things I'd like to discuss, but as the thread is locked, I can't add them early.

The one thing I wanted to ask, if someone wants to ask on my behalf, why are we now being forced into immediate payment for buy it now items? I am out of pocket a lot of money due to a buyer buying up and being forced to pay each item separately. By rights, each item should have been posted separately. I contacted eBay about getting the fees refunded from having to refund the buyer a significant amount and was pretty much told to get stuffed. 

I'm guessing it's their way of getting sellers to use free postage, but the items I sell, adding the postage cost into it appears to buyers as being a rip off. Plus, I can't give postage discounts. For the ones who want to have immediate payment, that's their choice. I don't see why my choice has been taken away from me. I want to be able to combine postage for multiple items.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

All I can say is how RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and this comment isn't towards you lyndal

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I, like many members here, will be at work tomorrow, so unable to attend their little love fest. There are things I'd like to discuss, but as the thread is locked, I can't add them early.

The one thing I wanted to ask, if someone wants to ask on my behalf, why are we now being forced into immediate payment for buy it now items? I am out of pocket a lot of money due to a buyer buying up and being forced to pay each item separately. By rights, each item should have been posted separately. I contacted eBay about getting the fees refunded from having to refund the buyer a significant amount and was pretty much told to get stuffed. 

I'm guessing it's their way of getting sellers to use free postage, but the items I sell, adding the postage cost into it appears to buyers as being a rip off. Plus, I can't give postage discounts. For the ones who want to have immediate payment, that's their choice. I don't see why my choice has been taken away from me. I want to be able to combine postage for multiple items.

I've put your post on the Chat board,good.gif

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

The moment I took a look at that pic I knew it had to be a scam. You cannot even buy a 6.5HP engine from China for that money, so the rest of the cart must be made from lego or something? Difficult to beleive anyone would think it is going to turn up. Too large for Aust Post, and no way a courier is going to get that thing here for nicks. Sorry OP but you were expecting way too much there.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

I don't even know why they have these 'sessions'

If someone is (rightly) critical about ebay, they get their back up and blame us (me) for being critical towards such a hard working and committed team Smiley Frustrated

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply