Scammers!

shihamz
Community Member

scammed me by selling me a citizen nighthawk watch for 275 AUD which they claimed to be original.

2 months later, the colour faded and I took  to a citizen store and they told me the watch is fake.

I emailed them through Ebay -they did not reply.

I called Ebay customer service and asked for help and Ebay told me they cant do anything. I have taken up this issue with fair trade Australia but I doubt it will be successful as this scammin company is in Hongkong. They dont pick up their phone and they dont reply back.

Now I have been ripped off on " Ebay" I dont understand how I can feel safe buying anything on Ebay as I may keep getting ripped off. I want to know what Ebay can do to help me as I have been ripped off by a company on Ebay.

At Least I ask that Ebay takes this company off Ebay to protect buyer from such companies as I had provided pics of the wathc with the colour faded.Ebay can see that this company is not replying to me as well. Is Ebay going to let such companies run on Ebay when its clear that they are a scam..

I have attached pics.

Ebay please take some kind of action against this company so that we as buyers can feel safe purchasing things on Ebay.

Thank you

Shiham

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Scammers!

eBay can't help you unless you provide proof that the item is a fake from an independent third party,

Then all they can do is look into the seller etc, they cannot help you to recover your money.

They won't remove a seller because "Mr Smith says they sell fakes", they need oproof. For all they know you are a competitor trying to dioscredit the competition

The ball is in your court. Obtain the proof, submit that to ebay and then they may be able to act.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you get proof that it is fake from a qualifying source then tell the seller that unless they refund you within 48 hours you will be reporting them to the police via the auction fraud reporting site and you will call the makers too.

If you funded the payment with a credit card then ask your bank if they will do a chargeback, again you will need written proof from a jeweller or watch seller/repairer on company paper.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

boggo58
Community Member

Its sad to say that ebay is a willing partner in selling fraudulent goods . You can send them photos and documentation and still NOTHING happens, please Ebay respond to these messages . I doubt they will.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply