Search filters? by country?

I'm tired of searching through page after page of items, mostly electronics,that have been flooded with items from from China and Hong Kong.
Is there any way to filter these countries out?

If I want to restrict my search to items available from just the USA, United Kingdom, and Australia,How do I set up the search?
Thanks
Chris

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

No idea.

You can restrict your searches to Australia. It's a check box on the left.

This will restrict your searches to Australian sellers only. Depending on the category, there should be plenty of undisclosed TRS dropshippers in that, which will give you a fair cross-section of UK and US listings.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I'm aware of the "Australia only" and "Worldwide" option, I'm trying to find out if there is any way to narrow down the "Worldwide" option to specific countries.

I'm interested browsing quality items from countries where English is the first language and business practices are reasonable.

I could say a few things about the majority of products listed from China, Hong Kong, etc. but I don't want to offend those sellers!

I guess I'm looking for an answer from an eBay moderator to indicate whether it is possible to restrict browsing to specified countries?

Thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I guess you'll be waiting a while. eBay employees rarely visit the boards.

What you COULD do, though it's a bit of mucking around, is login on the US and UK sites, find what you want then see if they post to Australia.

Other than that I don't think it's possible.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

stanthepud
Community Member

Totally agree that there should be a filter where buyers can filter out certain countries like China that sell mass rubbish when I am looking for genuine articles.  The inability to filter this out has almost stopped me wanting to buy items on ebay.  Today there were 1,300 items in the category I was looking, of which only about 100 are genuine and the rest is fake rubbish.  Ebay really needs to either take a bit of control of this, or allow buyers to do it themselves.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

nouveau_retro
Community Member

Even with Australia-only selected, you won't be able to filter out the sellers who list with 'Hong Kong, NSW' as the item location.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

You could try logging onto ebay in those countries you want to search.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

It's funny, cos I had the opposite happen to me yesterday.. I was searching for a cheap antenna cable and most of the listings were from Aus..

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Because if I buy it on eBay, I don't actually have to travel to Dick Smiths to buy it.. Bunnings is on the other side of Coffs.

Thought I would have a look online first.. I didn't end up needing one anyway, I found one in the hall cupboard..  I'm a cable hoarder :^O

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

mclerte
Community Member

Hi mate, I have found a nice GreaseMonkey script that does this.

1. Install Firefox if u don't have it already

2. Install the Grease Monkey extension

3. Install the script

To edit the list of countries, you need to edit the script (easy even for non-programmers)

Tools menu  > Grease monkey > Manage user scripts (or the like, as my menus are in french)

Funny thing, for me its the opposite, being in AUS, I excluded the UK as they charge too much in postage fees 🙂

Cheers mate

Matt

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply