Seller Removed sold me Windows 10 Pro Activation Key. Sent me 2 invalid keys. Not processing refund

Hi there,

I purchased Windows 10 Pro activation Key from seller <Removed>. I received an email with the activation code. When I tried to activate my Windows Program it said it was already used on another device. I wrote to the seller and the seller told me to do the Windows Update and restart and then use the key to activate which I did. The next day I contacted the seller then the seller provided me another invalid key. I then raised an issue with eBay that the item I received was not as described. eBay advised me that the seller approved my return request.

When the seller first emailed me the code the seller assingned a postal delivery tracking code. Now how am I to return an activation code to the seller? I cannot get a refund till the seller accepts my return. I also tried to leave feedback it tells me "This transaction is no longer eligible for Feedback. You can try leaving Feedback for other transactions."

I was wondering if eBay is allowing this kind of unscrupulous sellers to do business on eBay since I am not getting any help from the customer service rep.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller Removed sold me Windows 10 Pro Activation Key. Sent me 2 invalid keys. Not processing refund

Hmm, if the seller has indicated it's an item requiring physical shipment, that means they are responsible for the cost of "return shipping". 

In which case I would be tempted to request a return label from the seller, and when none is forthcoming (most likley) contact eBay and advise them the seller is refusing to provide a postage label. Smiley LOL

That or it's probably easier to contact them (eBya, via chat) and ask what they advise for items that are digitally delivered. They can view the messages between yourself and the seller and confirm that the item doesn't require postage. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Well the item titles "INSTANT & GENUINE WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL PRO 32/64 BIT ACTIVATION CODE KEY". I tried to contact eBya. They weren't much of a help. One rep told me I had to contact paypal to get a refund and another one told me that she'd contact the seller but I don't think she did that. The reason I cannot leave feeback cause the seller cancelled that listing and put up a new listing.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@esolutionsexpert wrote:

One rep told me I had to contact paypal to get a refund 

eBay's MBG does actually say it excludes digital goods (just double-checked to make sure), so this may be why. 

You could always sign up for PayPal's refunded returns program and send the seller a print out of their emails as the "return" I guess, lol, though PayPal do actually cover digital goods now so a dispute through them may go a little better (I say that with the proviso of advising you to read their policies in full first, so that you know for sure if you'll be covered, and what info to provide them for the best possible outcome, should you go the PayPal route). 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

If you are an eSolutionsEXPERT why are you buying software licences off eBay, home of the DODGY software SCAMS for decades ? Free software key generators are awash on the internet and you are paying money to pirates and getting nothing in return.

If it's too good to be true - it probably is... once bitten - twice shy. Buy only SEALED software products.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@esolutionsexpert wrote:

Hi there,

I purchased Windows 10 Pro activation Key from seller <Removed>. I received an email with the activation code. When I tried to activate my Windows Program it said it was already used on another device. I wrote to the seller and the seller told me to do the Windows Update and restart and then use the key to activate which I did. The next day I contacted the seller then the seller provided me another invalid key. I then raised an issue with eBay that the item I received was not as described. eBay advised me that the seller approved my return request.

When the seller first emailed me the code the seller assingned a postal delivery tracking code. Now how am I to return an activation code to the seller? I cannot get a refund till the seller accepts my return. I also tried to leave feedback it tells me "This transaction is no longer eligible for Feedback. You can try leaving Feedback for other transactions."

I was wondering if eBay is allowing this kind of unscrupulous sellers to do business on eBay since I am not getting any help from the customer service rep.

And how does the seller know you're not a scammer? Your word against his. That screen shot proves nothing. You could have punched in any number. Believe me I've had scammers pull all kinds of stunts. So do you see the problem?

Confused why ebay won't cover it though when they cover empty boxes and bricks 😉

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Good point. But the screenshot does show a valid number was input and that number already activated. If the number was wrong or made up with the last 5 digits, you would get a wrong number error as the activation algorithm would throw up a different error aka typo error.

If the seller was legitimate and the licence legitimate he would not offer to send you a second licence at his cost $$ ??

Looks like a Key Generator to me.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think his problem has been resolved:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143576930863
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply