Seller added my address to his mailing list

Some time back I made one purchase from a seller for some Nutrimetics items and the seller has taken it upon himself to add my address to his mailing list when he does mailouts of the Nutrimetics catalogues.  Are they allowed to do this?

I'm kind of annoyed as I did not ask to be added to his mailing list and I feel it is sneaky to use my address as such when I only wanted to purchase a product from him, no more.

I can't seem to find any policy on Ebay about this.  I know I can email the seller and ask him to remove me from his mailing list but I don't think they should be doing it in the first place.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller added my address to his mailing list

Just pointing out that under Aus law you cannot be sent 'cold' emails by businesses which is spam, but if you have either asked for information or to be put on a mailing list, OR, have had any transactions or prior communication with that business they are allowed to send you emails. They must stop if you ask them to though.

Latest reply

He is sending catalogues in the mail, not emails.

I would still like to know what the OP did to make him stop.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

It is still 'inferred consent' so the business can send junk mail unless asked to stop. They must stop if asked.

Latest reply