Seller and I refuse to cover the seller fee when returning item

Hi all,

I've recently bought an item that I want to return due to change of mind. The item has not arrived so returns cannot be processed yet. I understand that I would have to cover postage and the seller is fine with processing the return and refund but there was a $20 fee paid to ebay to process that order that the seller does not want to lose.

What should I do in this situation? If I am in the wrong, I would gladly do whatever necessary. I just want some clarification on how to approach this.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A lot depends on their return policy for change of mind. What is the item number - found on the RHS of the listing page ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Oops, I forgot to mention the seller has a no returns accepted policy.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Item number is 383711005875.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@siongminwon_0 wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently bought an item that I want to return due to change of mind. The item has not arrived so returns cannot be processed yet. I understand that I would have to cover postage and the seller is fine with processing the return and refund but there was a $20 fee paid to ebay to process that order that the seller does not want to lose.

What should I do in this situation? If I am in the wrong, I would gladly do whatever necessary. I just want some clarification on how to approach this.

As you want to return an item for change of mind, there are no ifs. You ARE in the wrong.

Why should the seller lose money because you changed your mind? Do you think that that is fair?

How much did you pay, including postage? If around $200 then, yes, the seller will have been hit with about $20 in non-refundable fees.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It was $83.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Okay the seller would have paid a bit over $9 in eBay fees, plus the postage (probably around $9) plus Paypal fees of $2.50ish.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Perhaps another option would be to keep the item when it arrives and either sell it yourself or give it to someone as a birthday/Xmas gift ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply