Seller can't buy a return postage label

legarlu
Community Member

A seller has agreed for me to return item that has been damaged in transit and will give me a refund. Seller advised to return it to the address that is on the back of the envelope.  I contacted eBay for the return of the item and they sent an email that I should receive a return postage label.  Then I receive another email that advises " seller let us know they can't buy a return postage label".  Not sure.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I would call eBay and get them to state to you in writing (email) that you will be refunded the return postage.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I contacted eBay via their online chat and they said to get a quote for the return of the item and then contact the seller if they agree to the cost for its return.  Would it be easier to just open a PayPal claim as I'm sure the seller won't pay for return postage as indicated they can' t buy a return postage label.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Giving the seller a chance to set it right so he doesn't get defects is probably the way I would go.

I would get a postage cost then message the seller and ask if the quote is acceptable so you are refunded all costs.

You then have it in writing to show eBay if he doesn't refund all.

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Many thanks. Returning it registered ok.?
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

(Just got back home)

Provided seller agrees with the cost.

But it should definitely have tracking which all parcels in Aus have nowadays.

image host
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Sellers can use print another label option, then in the  "to" address box edit out your address and substitute their own, if they use Ebay labelling system that is.

This will track it attached to your original transaction as package 2 of 2.

Ebay is good at saying sellers should send a return label without actually having an obvious process to enable sellers to do this. It should be included as a process in the returns process system

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Contacted the seller asking if they are prepared to pay for return postage and received a reply "just send in the same envelope marked RTS and it will get back free of charge".  Not going to pay for return postage.  Think I will open PayPal claim.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Before you open a Paypal dispute opt into the limited return postage offer by Paypal, that will cover up to $45.00 postage.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks padi

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply