Seller can't buy a return postage label

legarlu
Community Member

A seller has agreed for me to return item that has been damaged in transit and will give me a refund. Seller advised to return it to the address that is on the back of the envelope.  I contacted eBay for the return of the item and they sent an email that I should receive a return postage label.  Then I receive another email that advises " seller let us know they can't buy a return postage label".  Not sure.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller can't buy a return postage label

@legarlu wrote:

Contacted the seller asking if they are prepared to pay for return postage and received a reply "just send in the same envelope marked RTS and it will get back free of charge".  Not going to pay for return postage.  Think I will open PayPal claim.

That's the way to go.

Sounds like they wouldn't print postage label rather than couldn't.

Probably wanted the RTS all along. Which is in effect stealing from AP.

image host
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@legarlu wrote:

Thanks padi

No worries, just be aware that the return postage process is managed by a separate arm of Paypal, and when it comes to returning the item you will need a photo of the parcel with the postage and address showing and the trackinng number.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Not all sellers use electronic or online labelling. I don't. Not likely to start as I'm a very low volume seller. So someone asking me for such a label would be met with the same answer.

It's not hard to post back within Australia and wait for a postage refund is it? At least the transit time is relatively fast and postage costs cheaper not like overseas sellers and waiting a month and a half to get $73 postage back for a 1kg parcel
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply