Seller cancelled item after I purchased, will not post, respond or refund.

dami_jess
Community Member

So I purchased a pair of boardshorts off the seller <Removed> over a week ago through the BUY IT NOW option and paid through paypal directly afterwards.

However it turns out that she had the item listed twice but only one pair of boardshorts. One was an auction and the other had a buy it now option. 

I purchased the item through the buy it now option and paid directly afterwards on the 02/07 and the auction did not end until the 04/07, so i definitely purchased and paid first. 

The seller has then sent me a message explaining the circumstance and stated she will post the item to the person who paid first through the buy it now option, WHICH WAS ME, and cancel the other persons order as they have no paid as of yet and purchased the item after I already paid.

HOWEVER the seller (obviously very confused) then proceeded to cancel MY order and not the other persons as well as shipping the order to the person who still has not paid instead of myself.

So now I am out of pocket the money, will not be recieving my purchase and the seller has shipped MY item to somebody who has not paid.

NOW the seller is not responding to any of my messages and I cannot put a claim in through ebay as the item is "expected to be delivered" anywhere between now and the 1st of August (a month away).

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller cancelled item after I purchased, will not post, respond or refund.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Open the dispute in paypal for an item not received.  Ebay is better for item not as described.

You also do not have to wait to open the paypal dispute.

If the seller can prove that the item has been posted to you it may mean a bit of a fight but paypal will at least give you a fair hearing on the phone whereas ebay will just close the dispute and refuse any appeal.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply