Seller cancelled order and now says cannot refund me.

I purchased an item that included shipping via the Global Shipping Program. I don't thing the seller realised and did not like the arrangement so requested a cancellation. I agreed and now the seller is telling me they cannot refund me as ebay has told them they will have to wait for some reason. They are refusing to refund me for the item (less postage) as they are worried that they will be forced to repay me in the cancellation process and do not want to repay me twice.

I have tried to seek assistance via ebay and paypal and get nowhere.

This is the last message i got from the seller, who passed on to me the translation of the message they received from ebay:

"look at the last message i got from ebay today

My name is Adil from eBay customer service and I'm happy to take care of your request.

While putting myself in your place, I share with you the difficulties you encounter, and I allow myself to help you.

By consulting your file as well as my internal tools I would like to inform you that you have to wait since there is a request for cancellation in progress, I confirm that the delivery service must reimburse the costs it has received and eBay must reimburse the costs.

For the moment, no action is necessary on your part."

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't know if it will help, but maybe you can ask to talk to a supervisor on live chat rather than a normal CS representative.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I feel for you, I have a problem with ebay too but nowhere is there a phone number or email ad.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It's unclear if the seller has actually hit the cancel button or not.

Also, the seller does not have to ask you to agree to a cancellation, they can just go ahead and do one for any reason, they don't need your permission.

I think that what's happened is possibly the seller is fairly new/inexperienced and Ebay now holds funds for up to 30 days beyond the sale for these sellers. Sellers are meant to send the item anyway and, if they can upload tracking, their funds are released earlier. Your seller is thinking they have to wait until the funds are "released", but in reality, all they have to do is actually cancel the transaction and everything is reversed on the spot.

It's also possible the seller is not signed up for the new Managed Payments system and the funds are on hold to him indefinitely until he is verified. That doesn't mean he can't fully cancel though.

As a last resort, you can open a dispute for Item Not Received which you will win as the seller has no intention of sending it. You won't be able to open the case right away though.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Most unusual,  When a seller cancels a transaction, it is normally an almost instant process and the return is processed automatically by ebay, or in this case ebay and the GSP.

Wondering if there is a delay with it being an International transaction.

Strange the seller was not happy with the arrangement, as they are simply provided with a local GSP address,

only pay for local postage, and often do not even know the item is being shipped internationally.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Am I the only one here who thinks this is a scam? 
Iโ€™m going to lay bets that the seller will string you along for months, and then you wonโ€™t be able to open an eBay INR  case for a refund. 

I hope you have paid using PayPal. ๐Ÿคž

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Adil - sounds like a right idjit.

One can only be very worried about his ' internal tools '. lol

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

"Internal tools" sounds like something that makes him feel important, but does not mean anything.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

'internal tools' = bowel movement, and we all know where that ends ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply